Bly and CCMTs Year in Review - Part 2: Summer/Fall 2007

ccmtcanada

Ok...for those who missed part one, you can click here to read it.

Summer 2007

The one event that we were the most excited for this year was the Lakair G2G. Here we met LOTS of board members and had an absolute blast! Some highlights were breaking out the guitars and singing on Saturday night, finishing 6th in the pike tourney, fishing with Gerritt, Rick and Bernie, and having the chance to talk with many OFC members. I have tons of pics from that trip, but here are a few....

Fishing with Gerritt in his old boat...he said it leaked a bit but not to worry about it. A month later I believe it sank...LOL. (Ok...so not quite sank, but....)

gerritbly.jpg

My first ever muskie....

cliffmuskie.jpg

Fishing with Bernie....

berniepike.jpg

My PB Smallie.

cliffsmallie.jpg

At the end of June, we got the chance to fish with Slowpoke...and we had a great time! Even though he wont let me forget about spilling his tackle all over the floor, I'd fish with this guy in a second!

DSC00947.jpg

Bly landed her first ever Salmon on this trip....

06carolesalmon.jpg

Throughout the month of July, Bly had the MAGIC touch with her Red Devil spoon from shore. She caught LOTS of nice browns with that lure....

Satcarolebrown.jpg

She also caught a rare summer Walleye from shore....this beautiful 12lb 14oz one!

OFAHWalleye.jpg

We fished with fishnsled 3 times this summer and had a great time every time out! Here are a few highlight pics....

Bly and fishnsled working hard to catch fish....

15tjpose.jpg

Watching fishnsled land this beauty muskie!

07muskie4.jpg

My biggest Kawartha walleye.

03walleye.jpg

On July 27th, I had the pleasure of meeting up with Basskicker to try out some of his home made senkos, and did they ever perform! We had a great evening out on the water and managed to get some nice fish on that trip!

Basskicker with a nice one...

06820jason.jpg

My personal best largie...

04a748cliff.jpg

After that trip, Basskicker GAVE bly and I a canoe!! What an amazing offer and amazing guy. We took it out as often as we could and had some memorable times fishing from it. I made a home made outrigger for it....and Solopaddler donated a trolling motor bracket so we were all set for fishing! Here's a few pics of our canoe outings...

The first fish...

cliffbas.jpg

My little one with her first fish from the canoe....

08sydfish.jpg

A nice Scugog Bass....

cliffbass-1.jpg

A pic with my little one.....

canoe1.jpg

Thank you so much Jason...and Solopaddler!!

For the Labour Day long weekend, I put a thread on the board asking about fishing opportunities and Bricknblock and his better half Charmaine invited us to their place on the Trent-Severn...they gave us the use of their boat for the day! We had a great day of fishing...as well as meeting up with Big Chev and Ladywalleye. We had an awesome dinner and lots of laughs well into the night. Here's a group shot from that day....

05groupshot.jpg

Fall 2007

With the fall season comes shore Salmon and Walleye!!! We had never landed one from shore before so this was a learning experience for us. I got a PM to call BITEME...so I called him up and he gave me some GREAT advice on how to target salmon from shore. So, with new lures and technique, we hit the piers. My first ever chinook came in September...all 17 pounds of it....

cliffsalmon35inches17pounds3ounces.jpg

We got out lots of times and landed quite a few of them....here are our personal bests....

Here's blys monster 40", 22 pounder....

carolechinny40inch22lb11ounces.jpg

My 39", 24.5 pounds....

PBSalmon39inches24pounds7ounces.jpg

At the end of September, bly and I rented a fishing boat on Lake Scugog and I managed my second and now personal best muskie...it measured in at 39" and 15 pounds.

muskie39inch15pound.jpg

With LOTS of help from members of this board...and especially from Gerritt, who came over to inspect a boat that was close to his place, Bly and I purchased our first boat. It's a 14 foot tinny, with an 18hp mercury...and even though we didn't catch any fish in it (we only got out twice....the first time for just an hour or so to test it out and we got skunked our second time), we are very excited to have it!

boat3-1.jpg

caroledrive.jpg

I've been out steelheading a few times this fall...with both Basskicker and Solopaddler and had a great time fishing with these guys. Solopaddler took me to an awesome spot for fishing and I ended up with my best day ever!! Here are a few pics from that trip...the scenery was amazing....

fishing18.jpg

fishing03.jpg

fishing16.jpg

Snag and I met up for some fall pike fishing and once again had a great time...this guy is every bit as funny as he is on the board...and I dont mean funny looking....well...maybe I do....LOL.

November came quickly and the BOQ G2G was a great time as well. Bly fished with Slowpoke all weekend, and I had the pleasure of joining Ted the Gadget, Gerritt, Mike the Pike and Slowpoke. Even though the fishing was tough...ok...I got skunked...we had a great time there. Our roomies were Greencoachdog, Doug and Lexxington....couldn't have asked for better roomates! This was also the trip where I met Sam from Carra Outdoor Sports and he completely blew me away by giving me a Mustang Float Jacket FREE of charge!

Finally...we got into some of our shore walleye...and even though we didn't have the year we had last year, we got into some nice ones. To end the report, here's a few of our nicer ones...

1101Carole30inches18girth11lbs9ounc.jpg

report33half12pounds6oz.jpg

I also landed my personal best pike from shore....

36halfinches11lbs.jpg

Well, that's about it...sorry if this was too long, but we had an AWESOME year of fishing...

This is going to be a VERY long winter for us....we cant wait to hit the spring run of steelies, and get our boat back out on the water.

What do you mean long winter? I'm looking forward to part 3 -Cliff goes ice fishing! You know you really love the hard water :)

A fantastic year for both of you and a great recap. Can't even imagine what next years will be like now that you've got a boat - scary.

E-gads! That's fantastic! Both of you have done such an awesome job. If it's fishing, it's Moby Dick. If it's hiking, it's Everest. If it's swimming, is across the Pacific. If it's cold, you have the knack to make it warmer. The social realm that has transpired from something you are so passionate about is even more rewarding. Congrats! Btw, I have never heard of anyone invent their pfd buckle strap as a lure seen in the Scugog shot with the LM. Man, you're always on fire ;)

WTG Carol and Cliff, all I can say is WOW.....you guys caught alot of BIG fish. As for being a long winter....I doubt it. As soon as I get my hut out.....you can come by and grab a key and help yourself. We'll get out a few times before spring. Congrats on an awesome year of fishing.

Jason

Part 1 & 2 stories and pics were great. You guys sure did catch alot of fish this year. I enjoyed the family fishing that we did at Scugog and I will surely be taking you up on that Salmon fishing next year. Hope to fish with you guys again next year and I know that you guys will have a better year next year.

How many more times are we goin' to have our noses rubbed in this???

:thumbsup_anim:

Excellent reports and pics y'all!!! Y'all catch some very photogenic fish!

It takes alot of time and dedication to catch big beautiful fish like that, and I appreciate your efforts!

I also appreciate the time and effort that it takes to post these reports!

Thank you!!!

btw... I'd do an annual report, but all I got is a runt Pickeral and some Shark bait...

Thanks everyone! We've had a banner year for our first full year of fishing. We cant WAIT until the spring, but somehow I know a few members here will drag me out on the ice kicking and screaming this year...LOL.

And we DO NOT have any hidden reports stashed away...that's it for now!! LOL

What do you mean long winter? I'm looking forward to part 3 -Cliff goes ice fishing! You know you really love the hard water :)

WTG Carol and Cliff, all I can say is WOW.....you guys caught alot of BIG fish. As for being a long winter....I doubt it. As soon as I get my hut out.....you can come by and grab a key and help yourself. We'll get out a few times before spring. Congrats on an awesome year of fishing.

Jason

What is it with everyone trying to get me to ice fish? LOL. I'll give it another go this year and we'll see....haha. Your offers and support are appreciated!

Hey DiscoPhish....you should post more often...they are always very thoughtful and hilarious!

Considering you guys just got into the sport heavily a year ago your success is remarkable, excellent report!

You're both fine people and I'm glad I've had the chance to get to know you.

The pleasure has been all ours! Looking forward to fishing with you again.

I enjoyed the family fishing that we did at Scugog and I will surely be taking you up on that Salmon fishing next year.

Likewise! Get ready for Salmon next year...it'll be a blast!

I also appreciate the time and effort that it takes to post these reports!

Thank you!!!

btw... I'd do an annual report, but all I got is a runt Pickeral and some Shark bait...

Thanks for the kind words Glen...and as far as fish are concerned, you caught a very nice perch at Quinte. LOL.

Hey Snag....we'll have to do more fishing next year...always a blast meeting up with you.

Edited by ccmtcanada