Picton Walleye Report And Pictures - Dec. 11th & 12th

Shaun Rickard

With the warm weather that just blessed us I simply couldn't resist one last trip down to BOQ for some more late season Walleye action, and boy did we get into some action. If you're boat isn't put away yet I strongly urge you to get down to Picton, the fishing is hot right now.

I headed down to Merland Park on Monday afternoon and headed out on the water for a couple of hours with Kevin Lavers. The fishing was good and we hooked into 4 fish in just a couple of hours. After deciding to stay the night I headed back out on the water early Tuesday morning. I had the pleasure of fishing with George, Chris and Joe form Bass Pro Shops and we had a blast. On the monday I had marked some good fish on graph which I locked into my GPS. We headed straight back to those spots in the morning and manged to hook into 12 Walleye between 6lbs and 12lbs, both George and Joe managed to land a 12lb fish each, congrats guys on your biggest ever Walleye.

As you'll see from the pictures below, the most productive baits were Husky Jerks and the new TD-9's. The Husky Jerks worked well mid day and the TD-9's worked like Walleye magnets early in the morning and late afternoon/evening. By far the most productive colours in the TD-9's were Firetiger and Perch fished off the small Offshore planer boards ;)

I just want to say that it was a pleasure meeting and fishing with George, Joe and Chris, I had a lot of fun guys. I can't forget my old mate Kev at Merland Park of course, who managed to put me up at such short notice, making this whole trip possible. If you're up for it and want to take advantage of the great weather and hot fishing, Give Kev a call. http://www.merlandpark.com

Most of the better shots were taken by Chris from Bass Pro Shops, I look forward to getting copies from you mate ;)

Below are just a few shots that I took on the trip:

Picton_-_Dec_2006_2.jpg

Picton_-_Dec_2006_1.jpg

Picton_-_Dec_2006_10.jpg

Picton_-_Dec_2006_12.jpg

Joe with his beautiful 12 pounder B)

Picton_-_Dec_2006_3.jpg

George with yet another 12 pounder, or was it 12.1 ;)

Picton_-_Dec_2006_4.jpg

Tell me that this Walleye didn't want that bait :w00t:

Picton_-_Dec_2006_5.jpg

I think Joe's face tells the story in the next 2 shots, looks like he was having a real bad day :)

Picton_-_Dec_2006_11.jpg

Picton_-_Dec_2006_6.jpg

Kevin with another beauty taken in the middle of the day B)

Picton_-_Dec_2006_7.jpg

Picton_-_Dec_2006_9.jpg

Look at the colour of the bait, who'd of thunk it :unsure:

Picton_-_Dec_2006_8.jpg

Edited by Shaun R.

GREAT stuff Shaun and glad to see you posting here... sharing your outings with us.

I knew I was gonna regret dropping my boat in early so they could sell it over the winter..... mind you the insurance policy had layup from Dec 1 to April 30 anyhow (check yours before heading out guys!)