A Fisherman's Christmas

bpsbassman

As some of you know I am a proud member of Fishguts, a band made up of fishing buddies.

We are a "Beer Band" (one step below a Garage Band) :blink::blush: .

The band is "Dedicated to the pursuit of good fun, good fishing and a little music along the way."

We were asked to come up with a song for Christmas, so we put this one together. The basic theme is that the excitement on the night before a fishing trip is just like Christmas eve when you were a kid and every Fishing trip is like Christmas all over again.

Some of the pictures may be familiar and thanks to Musky Bill for the Loon shot.

Sending this out to all my fellow OFNers. Merry Christmas, hope you enjoy it.

A Fisherman's Christmas - Flash version

It can be downloaded from the following link

A Fisherman's Christmas - Full Screen - Large File

The MP3 only can be downloaded from the following link

A Fisherman's Christmas - MP3 file

Edited by bpsbassman

Guest mistyriver1

Roger, that was awesome. Thanks for posting.

It was great to see you at BPS yesterday. :thumbsup_anim:

Even though I only went up to get "a few things", I still walked out $70 poorer. :unsure:

Thanks for all the great feedback. We had a lot of fun (and a barrel of laughs) doing it. That's what its all about.

I must have done 10 takes trying to get my lyrics straight. The problem was that after I screwed it up the first time, the other guys had to leave the room they were laughing so hard. Then every time after that that I screwed up the guffaws would start coming from the next room. By the time I finished, the guys had tears in their eyes. I can't help but laugh again while I write this. :lol::lol::lol:

We have no illusions of who we are, just a bunch of guys trying to play music and having a good time. The purpose of recording is to have something to pass on to those that follow, to give our children, grandchildren and possibly further, a sense of why they're so screwed up. ;)

I have to say that one of the biggest rushes I've ever had in my life is driving down the road with the grandkids in the back seat singing "Wide Gaps and Dingers, Spinners and Spoons. Come off the water in the light of the moon". That's the best. :santa:

Nice seeing you guys too Jim, but with the two boys with you, that only works out to just a little over $20 each!

Edited by bpsbassman

Wow! Hi Folks... I'm a "newbie" on the board (from Cambridge), and a memeber of FishGuts. Actually I've been a "lurker" for a while with a couple of posts on the old board, trying to figure out why BPSBassman spends so much time here. I'm starting to get it. Great feedback on the song from all you folks, especially given it was our first attempt at anything original. Thanks to all, but I think the FishGuts gang should count on keeping our day jobs.