Just a smallie report

misfish

:D:D:D:D

As the title says,I finally got my personal best and now belong to the six pound club :thumbsup_anim::clapping:

Left the Barrie Marina 7am along. Since the BPS touneys location has been changed I thought I would hit the eastside. The winds were out of the west and light so I figured it was a good time to head over that way. Just as I get past BBP,there was left over south rollers still out there,but was still managable to get across.Headed to a couple of humps I have fished before. Took a bit to find them as the coordinates were on my old gps that went in the drink a couple years back. Once I found them I started to work a tube with 1/2 onuce jig and aswell as a dropshot. This boat approaches and Im thinking to myself,what does this head want. As he gets closer ,he says hows it going Brian,I say who you? Marcal,hey dude what up.Marcel is MART,from the board here.

simcoefallsmallies07002-1.jpg

After a chat and some conversing on spots,we both went on our way.Nice to see you again Marcel.

Ok down to fishing again. Head up to Georgina Island.Worked a few drop off and rock piles but fish were small.

simcoefallsmallies07005-1.jpg

simcoefallsmallies07003.jpg

After an hour of throwing the tube I decided to hit an area that works for me and there again I found small fish.

simcoefallsmallies07004-1.jpg

simcoefallsmallies07006.jpg

Thinking that with the warmer then norm temps,maybe the fish are still in thier summer pattern :dunno: .I had been very hesitant to use my lucky craft lure, but went with it and thats when my day was made. Moved in to 10 fow and started to chuck the craft. Wham fish on.Nice 3 pound chunk,next cast. I start to jerk it back to the boat, I can see the lure and this black thing moving behind it. Stop,twitch and bam,fish on. It took like seemed to be 10 minutes to get this fish to the boat. I knew it was big and didnt want to horse it in. 1 jump 2 jumps and I knew I had a fish of a life time on.So with me muddering to myself ,easy easy,take your time,I get the fish to the boat,in the net and YES,it a tank.My PB and I know belong to the 6 pound club. Awesome just awesome. I may not be smiling,but I was shaking.LOL

simcoefallsmallies07008-1.jpg

simcoefallsmallies07009.jpg

On my way back in I came a cross a herum of cormarands. There had to be over 500 of them. The vid isnt the best but I did get close enough to them to smell thier stench.PHEW.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v731/mis...allies07010.flv

Thanks for reading

Edited by Spiel

gee... all you guys out fishing with no one to keep the second seat warm and dry..

nice fish......

Terry, I wasnt sure if I would get out this weekend.With the crap weather the last 2 days I wasnt going to head out if it was crap again today.When I woke up and seen "A" star .I said what the hell.

You know yer always welcome. :Gonefishing:

Thanks guys for the replies.

Can anyone tell me whats the best way to cook a PB? :whistling::unsure::devil::angel:

Guest Johnny Bass

Congrats on the PB and judging by the dark colours I would say that fish has been staying pretty shallow! Looks like its gonna be a great Tournament with alot of big weights!

Congrats on the PB and judging by the dark colours I would say that fish has been staying pretty shallow! Looks like its gonna be a great Tournament with alot of big weights!

Johnny.I was fishing in 10-14 fow on a rock/pebble with a weedline.Im thinking the weeds had something to do with the colour. :dunno:

Thanks

Edited by misfish

Beauty of a fish, Brian!

You're starting to get them dialed in on that lake...

Good Fishing,

Justin

Justin, Im just fishing from what I have been learning from the ones that do it best. They seem to know what thier talking about.

Thanks Justin.

Edited by misfish

Congrats on the PB Smallie! Nice fish. Just shows you when you need that something extra its time to pull out your 'lucky' lure! Now if only I could persuade my wife to let me buy some of those $$$ luckycrafts!