A pair of sunrise muskies

lew

Thanks everyone, good to hear you enjoyed the fish'n tale, it's always nice when a plan comes together.

I seldom post fish'n reports anymore, but every now & then I like to add one to the mix.

Exellent morning Lew......

I didnt figure you for a spiner bait guy...

Weighted Suicks...was all or your GOTO bait

Itwas textbook when you stated..."I came up on them from about 1000' and started to cast.

peter

Weighted Suicks are an excellent bait Pete, and I've always got about a dozen in the boat, but in shallow weeds where these fish came from, a big spinnerbait is the best way to go. The fish are often sitting back in the heavy cover and it's the best way to get to them.

Nice going Lew.....way to sneak up on them!!

Do you catch a lot of your fish that shallow at this time of year?

Sinker

Sinker, yes, alot of the fish are up very shallow most of the year, but especially after dark, infact we get ALOT of nice muskies in as little as 2' of water after dark. A favorite spot is anywhere with plenty of sand and some sparce weeds mixed in, and if you can find some scattered rocks or old submerged tree stumps, even better.

Guest Johnny Bass

Nice Musky. Good to see that the Musky are starting to become active. Now if I can only get mark to get away from the pike lakes and fish a Musky lake!!

Two exceptional looking fish Lew. Way to go. I'm having camera issues too. Last night I went out and got a really nice muskie and when I uploaded to pics onto the computer, it looked like perch.....go figure.

Thanks for posting.

Nice Musky. Good to see that the Musky are starting to become active. Now if I can only get mark to get away from the pike lakes and fish a Musky lake!!

Actually JohnnyB, the musky fish'n has been excellent this year and we've boated many many fish, I think you've just been spending too much time chasing all them "other" fish :P:thumbsup_anim:

I hope you hook a biggun before the season closes :Gonefishing:

I'm having camera issues too. Last night I went out and got a really nice muskie and when I uploaded to pics onto the computer, it looked like perch.....go figure.

Doncha just hate when that happens Roy, darned cameras making big fish look like dinks ?? :whistling:

WTG Lew on the early morning 'skis. I'm surprised to hear that you went alone. I'm sure that if you needed a partner in your boat, the spot would be gone in minutes of posting the 'hook up". I'd be inclined to join you if you wouldn't mind the inexperience muskie angler that I am.

We did well Lew. 30+ fish showing themselves to, or in, the boat over 4 days..25 of them over 40 inches. Lost 6 or 7 between the two of us from bad hook sets while casting and one of them had a head about 8 inches wide. Boated 10 (or 11..gotta go thru the pics) with Dan and I both handling a 50 and Dan a 52 as well. 7 out of 10 fish casting! Bugger Thorpe worked us to death. lol

Not sure when I'll get the post together...got bad news in our family this morning.

Edited by irishfield