Snowmobiles On The Lakes Already!

Iamcanadian

There always seems to be some guy who has to be the first person to cross a lake, bay or river first every year. Whether it be by foot or machine, sooner or later, they end up in the obituaries. :(

For some reason Terry that gene pool never seems to empty. There is always another one to take their place, but man you are right they aren't very smart when it comes to stuff like this.

Tom

Unfortunately for their families. some of these guys have kids and the gene passes on. I was on a lake in Haliburton for 15 years and there were seven winter drownings, three in one incident. My cottage was about 300-400 m from the narrows where they went through the ice. Always at night and mostly with mr. booze on board.

What kind of lure do you use to catch a snowmobile in 15 feet of water?? :Gonefishing:

LARGE treble from the back of an air boat/scoot. Done all winter long on Little Dog channel in Honey Harbour...were at least they can bail and jump to the shoreline before it goes down.

Unfortunate...but only a matter of time before the first drowning is announced on the Radio. Two winters ago it was my daughter's (now X)boyfriend's cousin on Orr Lake....and of course at night!

Edited by irishfield

Hearing about guys snowmobiling across lakes that they know have only been frozen a couple days and then breaking thru, is kinda like watching Evil Knievel crash his motorcycle while attempting a 300' jump across a bunch of school buses :blink:

You SORTA feel sorry for them...........but then again...........maybe you don't ?? :dunno:

Dang !

They'd need pontoons on their sleds if they tried going across Pigeon Lake at the north end...some lagoons and back bays are frozen over and snow covered but someone other than me can test the thickness... :wacko::wacko::wacko:

Well , let's do the math......

1 sled = 500lbs.

1 alcoholic= 140 lbs.

= 640 pounds. I think 1 " of ice would hold them.....lol

I remember people driving cars and trucks past me on the Bog last year for opener on 7" or 8 ". Nothing but travel by foot till at least mid-January.

Edited by icewalker28