1. 1. Just wondering what everybody's favourite fishing show is

• The Fish'n Canada Show
    • Bob Izumi's Real Fishing
    • Canadian Sportsfishing
    • Fishing the Flats
    • The New Flyfisher
    • Going Fishing TV
    • Other

Anyone check out "chew on this" on youtube? He fishes for some pretty giant stuff -- 600lb goliath grouper etc. I had to vote for Bob though - he may go to places that I'll never see but he is hands down the most consistently entertaining host.

Going fishing TV? seriously? That show is such crap. He fishes in remote locations where anyone could catch anything and then he eats everything! You have to love the heavy breathing and lip smacking/grunting as he stuggles to bring in a 2lb walleye.

With my Dish Network I record at least 20 fishing shows. Hands down the best of the best is Larry Dahlberg's The Hunt For Big Fish.

http://www.huntforbigfish.com/upcoming.html

He''s the real deal. He can handle a fly rod as easily as a big caster. He goes to places no one else even considers. He's obsessed yet has a nice way about him on camera. He's not an informercial, in fact he shares how he makes many of his own swin baits.

I agree with you that Larry Dahlberg's The Hunt For Big Fish is GOOD show but it's not about fishing in areas we would be fishing. Going overseas or to wild area's in Africa or South America is not something I will ever be doing so I really don't learn much from watching his show. However, Larry is a GREAT guy to watch and easy to like. If I remember correctly he was a chief editor with In-Fisherman years ago when the Linder brothers own the company. His show is definitely a different show and a breath of fresh air when everyone else is doing the same old, same old thing.

01AwcAX1XbJfwAAAABAAAAAAAAAAA__1_.jpgExtreme angler? :blink: RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR-Too tough for me. No variety amd the commentator is

annoying as hell. Like a monster truck commentator.

Canadian Sport fishing? :) At least there's variety but he's gotta leave his wife on shore.

He's also gotta stop harassing kid's with 'fisher girl' thing.

Fish'n'Canada :blink: Trying to beFunny and down to earth and a little variety but they lost me when they went all

'techno- new and funky'...

Going fishing :blahblah1: Arrogant, blowhard and no variety

Fish TV? :blush: They are willing to try new things but is generic Bass-walleye,bass,bass ...

New fly fisher :) I have little fly fishing expeirience but think it's a well put together show.Interesting

and informative.

Bob Izumi :blush: It's OK. Bob's knows his stuff but seems bored.

Urban outdoor adventure? :clapping: : Great variety. Informative and down to earth.

Conclusion: U.O.A takes the prize. Going fishing blows donkey chunks. I like a show with variety and doesen' just show bass and walleye caught from a boat over and over again. There are many species out there that seems to be overlooked. I think these shows need to have more nerve and imagination and feature them

No more "same old, same old' please

Thanks for reading hot air (lol)

As I stated before in the other thread about what makes a good fishing show, my personal favourite is Lindner's Fishing Edge, I love that show, and they really give some great tips. Honorable mentions must go to Urban Outdoor Adventures, and The Musky Hunter, both great quality shows as well, that I attempt to catch each week…

• 5 weeks later...

My favorite show is anyone that I can sit down and watch to get me out of doing things around the house! LOL

For me it's the Lindners new show. I particularly like the spiritual segment of the program which really keeps me grounded and puts things into perspective for me. And I'm no means the most spiritual person or your Sunday morning church goer.

Thanks! Al and Ron you guys are the best...finfan

I'm going with " The Cronz" on this one.

Gotta love the fact that the fish actually look scared when he pulls them out,

because they know their fate.

Frying pan, then Cronzy's gut.

The fish they do release usually land in another time zone.

That being said, i think the shows great!

Keep up the great work Cronz!

Paradise!

I'm a big Lindner's fan. The Fishing Edge is always informative and tells you what to look for in water to find fish and discusses colours and everything. Mercer's show is cool. I like the format except he doesn't tell you where he fishes sometimes. Scott Martin is a cool concept too.

Shows I don't like, well Cronzy is a tool. Aside from the fact that his campfire is completely ridiculous, anybody can go to a lodge and have guides put them on fish. I also don't like that Fishing University show. That guy a billboard and doesn't stop plugging products. Another show I can't stand is Lunkerville. The guy looks like a bum and looks so awkward when he is fishing.

My favorite show is anyone that I can sit down and watch to get me out of doing things around the house! LOL

For me it's the Lindners new show. I particularly like the spiritual segment of the program which really keeps me grounded and puts things into perspective for me. And I'm no means the most spiritual person or your Sunday morning church goer.

Thanks! Al and Ron you guys are the best...finfan

Personally I'm not a fan of the spiritual ending. Al can tell me how to fish, but I'm not sure he's one to tell me how to live. But I can respect that part of his show. He does it knowing many viewers, like me, don't like it, but puts it on anyways. Other shows, like FNC Uncut, put things on to gamble that viewers will like it (IMO). So even though I dislike both Al's spiritual bit and FNC Uncut, I respect the former for being himself but not the latter for trying to artificially differentiate their product.

Fishinggeek, You are very much entitled to your own opinion! Which, I do fully respect. Al and Ron put this segment into there show not to make converts out of us, but to show how "spiritually" fishing has impacted their lives. I personally like it and millions of others like it too! Thanks...finfan

I have always loved Lindners shows, but I don't think religion has any place in a fishing show, it's at the end so I change the channel when he starts his testament

but it's his show and he does have the right to do it

as I have the right to change the channel....life is good

• 6 years later...

Al Lindner, River Monsters, Flats Class, Game Fishers Diary, Fishing 411.Sport Fishing on the Fly ( I like the tying segment)... then we get to the ones on the list.

P.S. Looked over the list Cronzy is always good too but I haven't seen the show in a long time.

They all try to teach something.

Edited by mosquito

None of them really. They're mostly product whores with at least half the shows being 30 second spots from sponsors and the rest of the time the host shilling for said sponsors.

OTHER: I like the one I try to fit in at least once a week on whatever body of water I'm out on whether I'm hosting or a guest. Its real.

I learned most from watching In-Fisherman in the 80's. When I finally was able to get WFN I was exited to see Al again, that is until the end of the show when he started quoting passages from the Bible. Not the time or place for Bible study in my opinion.

Every other show is a half hour infomercial. When Angelo Viola brings the CEO of Cooper Tire on and they start talking about which tire is best for his Dodge Ram to trailer his Pricecraft boat with the Mercury Optimax which he uses his Shimano rod and reels with a Rappala on to fish while at ABC Lodge of which his Garmin GPS helped him and Pete find it then they put on the Muskol, that was enough.

I cancelled my WFN subscription and saved me a total of $1.99 plus HST. No more infomercials. If I want to know something about fishing I'll come here and ask.

I will watch Charlie Wray on Saturdays. He is no only a good guy personally he actually talks about how he caught that fish. Of course with all the stuff that sponsors his show. No sponsor no show unfortunately. I have learned much about long lining from him, of course as long as I have Seagaur leader tied on.

I'll say it again no sponsor, no show.

Edited by Old Ironmaker