1. 1. Just wondering what everybody's favourite fishing show is

• The Fish'n Canada Show
    • Bob Izumi's Real Fishing
    • Canadian Sportsfishing
    • Fishing the Flats
    • The New Flyfisher
    • Going Fishing TV
    • Other

I don't go out of my way to watch fishing shows, but one that has caught my interest lately is "Hooked" with Mark Kruppa. There's three reasons why I watch it. #1 is because it's on the Oasis channel in high def. Just awesome video quality. #2 is because he's an entertaining host. He gets right into his quarry, and doesn't try to educate the viewers about the basics. In fact he doesn't attempt to educate at all, which is probably my biggest pet peeve about most shows. He just goes fishing and takes you along with him. #3 is the fact that he fishes many of the same species that I do. His Labrador Brook Trout show was simply awesome. I've seen it 3 or 4 times now and I'll watch it again if I get the chance. He generally fishes the northern areas of Canada. Lake Trout, Grayling, Pike, Brookies, Steelhead and Salmon. YEAH!!! My kind of guy.

Definitly In-Fisherman. They are always at least one step ahead on offering new ideas, and they explain them in detail. They also get into the nature of the species more than others, wich goes a lot further than just tips and tricks on the water.

I'm a loyal guy so I have to stick with the shows I grew up watching like Real fishing, and In-Fisherman. Anything with Lindner is a must watch, every show he films is packed with very useful information.

Newer shows that I enjoy are the Musky Hunter, Urban Outdoor Adventures, The New Fly Fisher and Fishing Alberta. I watch Fishing Alberta regularly now that my brother moved to Edmonton, so when I go visit him this year I'll be ready with locations and techniques. :thumbsup_anim:

Honourable mention goes to Extreme Angler TV. A very informative show, but do they only fish for bass? Mind you I haven't watched very many episodes, but I don't recall watching one with a different target species. Is this bad luck on my part, or is it the norm?

Finally, another honourable mention goes to Good Fishing with Babe Winkleman. I find this show both informative and entertaining. Is there any new 'Good Fishing' shows being filmed, or are these all older episodes?

not abig fan of fishing shows, but i do enjoy some episodes if that makes sense, tough to find a show that fishes the lakes i fish, they always seem to be down south or up north to fly'ins, also there way too much bass fishing on tv, i like bass fishing as much as the next guy but how many episodes of it can u watch, never musky fished but would rather watch a show on it than ANOTHER bass episode

shows need more variety to make me a fan

anybody ever see a show from michigan with a host called Fred Trost???? or somethin like that, used to see it on PBS but haven't seen it in years, i really liked that show, it was general outdoorsy, hunting fishing camping, he wasn't any good at anything and didn't usually catch anything but i think he made a good show,

i remeber one the whole show was about they had bought an RV and were going somewhere with it in the middle of winter and they got it stuck in their parking lot in the snow, HILARIOUS, simple show about nothing really,

he also had weekly reports on what's biting where on what thru out michigan in every show,

anyways, very primitive but informitive and entertaining in my opinion

anybody ever see a show from michigan with a host called Fred Trost???? or somethin like that, used to see it on PBS but haven't seen it in years, i really liked that show, it was general outdoorsy, hunting fishing camping, he wasn't any good at anything and didn't usually catch anything but i think he made a good show,

i remeber one the whole show was about they had bought an RV and were going somewhere with it in the middle of winter and they got it stuck in their parking lot in the snow, HILARIOUS, simple show about nothing really,

he also had weekly reports on what's biting where on what thru out michigan in every show,

anyways, very primitive but informitive and entertaining in my opinion

I used to watch Fred's show every week on pbs from Michigan. I also enjoyed his show. Sadly, Fred passed away a few years ago.

F.N.C They'd be toast without P.Bowman......I think Mike may workout alright in his own show but when he first arrived I didnt like the way he tried to outdo Pete all the time in fish and knowledge....No comparrison.

Bob.....well, he's Bob....been watching him for ever.

C.s.F....Italo, I find him alright in person....but I cant stand any part of any one of his episodes.

Fishing the Flats-The new fly fisherman......Never interested me.

Going Fishing.....im with fishdawg on this....He is the DonCherry of Ontario Fishing....I never turn the TV off if he's on.

Other.....Go Shelley, Go Shelley.....Never Ever will this be a DOOOZY for this fella.

Shows I tune into watch...In No particular order.

The Next Bite

The Musky Hunter

Xtreme Angler

The Anglers Edge

Fishful Thinking

The tarpon tour.

and....I'll be gone but not for too long....I'm Going Fishing.

I find this hard to catch but when it's on I watch.....Mark Kruppa's show.

I like F' n 'C show, Bob Izumi. Can't stand the fishing the flats or Dime Bag fisherman. I like the shows that feature Lake Ontario, Lake Simcoe,Erie,St, Clair, Georgian Bay and Inland lakes from up north. Stuff most of us can fish and can drive too. Kinda why I like making vids of local up to date fishing.

Wouldn't watch Crustys oops Cronzys show ever again nor would I ever set foot in one of his "INFOMERCIALS" sponsors restaurants. He's got some pretty senile veiws (IMHO) on what the MNR should be doing with the lack of $$$ they have, and is dead set against the Atlantic salmon program

Always liked Fish TV and Urban outdoor adventures

jjcanoe

Don't watch them anymore (kids,etc) but liked 'Simply Fishing" with Bob Mehsikomer.

He always either targeted 50"+ muskies or 50 lbs plus lakers. Always caught decent fish each show.

The In-Fisherman and even Fish n' Canada weren't bad back 5-10 yrs. ago.

Fishful Thinking with Charlie Wray is the only one that I enjoy.

Charlie doesn't hype things up like some of the other shows.

Put another way, I would gladly go fishing with Charlie, but not

with too many of the others. Can't stand their attitudes.

quality viewing always from the LINDERS . no loud , irritating music , just no-nonsense info i can use or enjoy watching. izumi's got a decent take on things with a bit of humor thrown in for entertainment.

i'll watch almost anything fishing related except leo stacos , ron james ,ok, not that side kick.

Fishful Thinking with Charlie Wray is the only one that I enjoy.

Charlie doesn't hype things up like some of the other shows.

Put another way, I would gladly go fishing with Charlie, but not

with too many of the others. Can't stand their attitudes.

Only one problem with Charlie Wray, he is a walking ,talking advertisement for Seagar, St Croix, and OKuma. As a matter of fact, he is so bad, its aggravating

Lindner's show would rank an easy 1st although sometimes i wish he'd hold back on product plugs, like do it @ the end of the show or something...

Courtney and Shelleys i think was supposed to be a Girl's-Gone-Wild-Fishing-in-their-Bikinis show but then the producers changed their minds when they saw them in their swimsuits. Its like watching an episode of The Real Life (except theyre not hot, plus they don't know how to fish and have no clue wth they're talking about)

Edited by bravo_3

I enjoy watching anyone catch fish, but some of the shows are extremely annoying...

I gotta say, my fav would be The Musky Hunter, informative, to the point and no Bull...

Plus, the hosts don't talk to you like you just finished grade school (Watch Bob Mehsikomer or Italo, you'll know what I'm talking about)

Does anyone remember a GREAT looking gal named Debbie Johannesson. I believe her show was called "Outdoor Encounters". I have a autographed picture from 1992 and back then she was a HOT Blonde that loved to fish.

Met her at the Buffalo Show that year. I just got there about 30 minutes earlier. When I stopped for her picture she autographed it for me and ask if I wanted to go for breakfast with her. Being married I thanks but I just got there and wanted to see the rest of the show.