My West Arm Report =-now updated with more pics-=

Gerritt

Well I finally have a few moments to myself to sit and reflect on the week and to post a bunch of pictures..

First I will start off the weather was battling us all week, High winds and ALOT of rain, but when it was safe to get out we did :thumbsup_anim:

We once again stayed @ Welcome Lodge for the 5th year in a row, Gray and Angela are great hosts.. thanks for another memorable week!

This year the fishing was a little different as we had the Slot to deal with... no matter we not meat hunters anyways... just enough for a nice meal is all I was interested in, out of 200 fish caught between the 3 of us only 4 went into into the pan feeding 6 people ;)

We did well in terms of numbers with ALOT of fish caught in the slot the biggest was a 21" that came in on #5 Perch ShadRap what we lacked in terms of size was easily made up in terms of numbers of fish. I dont have very many Walleye pictures due to the rains we were experiencing on what seemed like an almost daily basis, However I do have a ton more shots coming as my brother in-law took alot of shots of me holding up our catch on his cam... I will post them shortly when I receive them

Here are a couple pictures of the weather we experianced

DSC01860.jpg

DSC01861.jpg

DSC01862.jpg

we caught a ton of fish in this size range.. I am assuming this is either a 1 year or 2 year class fish...A testament stocking efforts are helping the walleye fishery

This one measured just over 13"

DSC01805.jpg

Then there were a bunch of these fellas caught too!

DSC01803.jpg

DSC01804.jpg

DSC01801.jpg

Here are a few shots of some of the wildlife up there

DSC01815.jpg

DSC01850.jpg

And these shots are my favourite, what a proud father I am! Ladies and Gentlemen.... We have a new RockBass Champion! :thumbsup_anim: He was nailing em' Liam is 22mths old and this was the first time I could really fish with him as he is able to better communicate with me etc.... it was priceless.. "Daddy, Fish Wawa" (wawa = Water) he wanted them put back into the water... Already a C&R fisherman!

DSC01826.jpg

DSC01823.jpg

DSC01820.jpg

DSC01821.jpg

DSC01813.jpg

DSC01807.jpg

DSC01806.jpg

DSC01811.jpg

DSC01809.jpg

After a while he got a little bored and decided this would be WAY more fun!

DSC01817.jpg

DSC01819.jpg

He also LOVES the boat! man is he gonna make a wicked fishing partner!

DSC01854.jpg

DSC01853.jpg

DSC01845.jpg

DSC01829.jpg

Now its time for a little R&R!!

DSC01869.jpg

DSC01867.jpg

DSC01864.jpg

DSC01863.jpg

After a hard days fishing he does like we all do...falls asleep at his table....

DSC01871.jpg

On Friday I headed over to see the guys at Lakair Spent a couple hours fishing with Spiel and CrappieSteve (Sorry I didnt make it to the fishfry Kevin!) then I had the pleasure of having Cliff and Carole in my boat for a couple hours :thumbsup_anim: Wow are they great people friendly easy going and great to waste some time with!

I will be adding a ton more fishing picture tomorrow once they are all emailed to me..... All in all a fantastic week!

Gerritt.

Edited by Gerritt

Gerritt fantastic report Bud I was waiting for this last night but turned in early.Great shots of you and you little man and that my friend is what it is all about.He will grow fast and before you know it you will have a young partner to spend the whole day with.My dream has come true my 8 year old son is just as nuts about fishing as his oldman.Some great shots Priceless I may add.Start em young thats the way to do it.

Thanks for the Beauty report.MTP :clapping::Gonefishing::thumbsup_anim:

Fantastic report Gerritt.

I'm sure it was a thrill to fish with the little guy.

I always have a great time when the kids are with me.

Seeing the look of joy and exitement on their faces when we get a fish is priceless.

The begining of many father/son trips for you I'm sure.

Thanks for sharing.

Weather not being on your side, it looks as if you made the very best of all the good moments. Liam is absolutely beautiful, and seems to be at ease around water. You both looked so relaxed... When my boys were his age, I can remember never being able to take my hand off of them while out on a dock...the moment I did they would fall in. Now days they do the same but usually its from one pushing the other.

You look happy Gerritt and that is truly what vacations are all about... may the peace and tranquility you found while up in gods land stay with you for a long time.

Cheers,

Jen

P.S. Was that a bald eagle nesting on the hydro pole?

Guest Johnny Bass

Excellant report!Looks like you guys were slayin em!That does look like some nasty weather. I am surprised the big Musky didn't come out to play!

I'd rather have bad weather and catch fish than good weather and get skunked!!!

And here are a few more pics :)

Ahhh the Bouy by Round Bay.... it gets "love" every year.... ;) and for good reason! 5 to 13 to 45-50' of water makes for some decent fishing :thumbsup_anim: so we pay Homage

P1010377.jpg

P1010375.jpg

P1010370.jpg

The evening bite...

P1010342.jpg

Perfect netting job from my FIL...

CopyofP1010336.jpg

The quarry...

CopyofP1010324.jpg

The release...

CopyofP1010331.jpg

one of the many caught...

CopyofP1010306.jpg

and another..

CopyofP1010305.jpg

Expect more to come!

Gerritt.

Weather not being on your side, it looks as if you made the very best of all the good moments. Liam is absolutely beautiful, and seems to be at ease around water. You both looked so relaxed... When my boys were his age, I can remember never being able to take my hand off of them while out on a dock...the moment I did they would fall in. Now days they do the same but usually its from one pushing the other.

You look happy Gerritt and that is truly what vacations are all about... may the peace and tranquility you found while up in gods land stay with you for a long time.

Cheers,

Jen

P.S. Was that a bald eagle nesting on the hydro pole?

Hi Jen thanks for the reply! he is an awesome kid!! the pic of the bird you see nested is an Osprey nest.. located just north of where I was lodged :) it is a blurry picture as the waves were rocking the boat.. ahhh well...

the second one off the bow is a Loon stretching it wings!

Thanks for asking,

Gerritt.

Wow Gerritt!! Awesome report...cant complain that you didn't catch any fish!! LOL. Those pics with your son are priceless. He's going to be a great lifetime fishing parter :)

Thanks again for taking us out on your boat. I had a blast!! I'll never forget my first muskie...and you (and of corse bly), will be a part of that memory as well!

Awesome report and pics Gerritt!! :thumbsup_anim: Thanks for sharing. Both you and your son looked like you were having a great time together. Seeing some of those pics sure brought back memories of past trips up to welcome lodge. The Osprey nest....the cabins and dock in the backgound....the bouy, etc. I hope to make it back there again someday, as Gary and Angela are top notch hosts who really care about their guests.

FOTB

:Gonefishing: