20' Legend camo cc Boat opinions.

Rustic-Fisher

indknt know that I'd go with a 115 on a 20, I think I'd step up to a 150 especially in a deep V. My boats 18.5 with a 100 inch beam. I have a 140 Suzuki and while it gets on plane quickly, and is decent with just me in the boat, it's not a speed racer especially if I have a couple of guests. If your hunting your probably going to do the 75 plus decoy spread or even layout boats if your looking at that size hull so that plus guys is a lot of extra weight. As for legend, well no experience other than knowing guys that have bought them, then sold them a few years down the line.

No . It's not in the line up anymore .

Seems it was a short run .

I know nothing about duck hunting, but that boat might have been too big of an investment for people that pursue the sport with a very limited season? Low sales might have killed it? Looks like it quite capable of doing both, a 115 should push it well.

You're asking for opinions so- I'm not big on Legend, the Merc 115 or the Jon boat hull design, JMHO

Like Ohio FM said, the duck hunting is likely a small fraction of the time you're going to spend in the boat

Edited by chris.brock

As you know, i duck hunt a lot. I hate john boats. Im not a merc fan, or legend either.

Youd be far better off with a deep V utility style boat IMO.

That center console is hard to hide, and even harder to put a blind on. Picking up decoys is a pain in the butt without a tiller too. Id be looking for an alaskan, or starcraft tiller if it was me.

Again, its just my opinion. Im just a guy who duck hunts and fished way too much.

S.

Edited by Sinker

Thanks again guys , went ahead and purchased the rig, its actually a Polar Kraft Sportsman with Legend Decals LOL.

Boat will pull double duty as a Duck Boat AND fishing rig, at 20' everyone should have room while chasing ducks .

R

Best of luck with it! It's all about finding something that fits your needs and budget.

Congrats Ryan, I hope it works for you. Watch your wind prediction sites and be smart before heading out in that boat on any lake. I will never set my butt in one since I saw the "White Light" in a Jon style boat on a 500 acre wind protected lake. That's when I bought our StarCraft deep V.