Texas Flooding.

DRIFTER_016

Saw pictures earlier today of a looter that met a load of squirrel shot.

Looked like it stung!!! :whistling:

Houston Mayor announces " Our entire city is under water !" Area effected by flooding is greater than Katrina and Sandy in NY. Thousands still stranded, yesterday he said he hoped it was only hundreds stranded. Many say " Thank the Lord deaths tolls haven't been greater", I say who sent the hurricanes in the first place? God works in mysterious ways for sure. I am a believer by the way.

There is a big storm and a flood.

Guy is standing on his porch, house surrounded by water. A good samaritan comes by in a canoe and offers him a lift. Guy says no thanks the lord will take care of me.

Water keeps rising, guy is on his porch roof; water is almost up to his feet. A good samaritan comes by in a boat and offers him a lift. Guy says no thanks the lord will take care of me.

Water keeps rising, guy is now standing on the peak of his roof. A good samaritan comes by in a helicopter and offers him a lift. Guy says no thanks the lord will take care of me.

Guy drowns and goes up to heaven, he looks at the lord and asks why? I had faith that you would take care of me! Lord looks at him and said "I sent a canoe, I sent a boat, I sent a helicopter, what more did you expect me to do?

best thing ive heard thus far from a scientist

Katrina, the 100 year storm, sandy, the 100 year storm, houston the 500 year storm...damn thats a lot of century storms in a 10 year span...yet we still think climate change isnt real.

maybe those non believer texans will start to clue in.

Edited by AKRISONER

Harvey was the first major hurricane to hit the continental US in more than 12 years.

A graphic showing the greatest rainfall accumulations for Texas showed 4 of the heaviest rainfalls occurred before 1932 including 41" in 1899.

If you are going to keep building/developing in the path of hurricanes, inflation says that storms are going to get more expensive.

Take your pick of arguments.

Looks like the water is starting to recede.

Seems there are now some vehicles with prop marks on their roofs!!!! :w00t:

21246225_1394386337345872_19881377077557

With prop marks probably being just one of those vehicle's many problems, is there a way to properly salvage a submerged vehicle so that it will actually run again? I've wondered the same thing about vehicles that have dropped through the ice, or got stuck around the lower Don after a severe thunderstorm.

A lot of the boats we run in the bayou have been designed to take a good hit and keep going. The z drive outboards are amazing going thru mud and stump fields with no damage. I run a jetdrive outboard on rocky rivers around here and skimming thru 4 inches of water and rapids are unnerving until you get used to it.

Art

With all the electronics on today's vehicles I wouldn't touch one that has been submerged.

Have you ever got your smart phone wet?

I don't mean dunked but just rained on?

Mine took 3 days in a bag of rice to start working somewhat normal.

Now multiple that by that by at least 50 electronic modules on even the most basic vehicle.

I'd only buy a watered down vehicle for its non electronic components.

Dan.