Photobucket Grrrrrrrrrrr

dave524

Rick, did you get these photos off PB and onto imgur and Flickr or did you use the raw image?

I downloaded Flickr and it automatically transferred all my photos PB included

Only issue is they all went into one giant folder lol

Edited by manitoubass2

Have you seen what a hasslebad is worth?

Photographers seek these old items for big bucks!

Rick I had to buy a 2" format Hassleblad in 73' to attend Sheridan, $3500.00 bucks then, I dropped out after Football season, no camera. I have an old single reflex Practica that I paid for with Steinburg's Pinky stamps in High School, grade 9 I think, I turned down 500 years ago. What am I going to do with an extra 500 bucks, 2 dinners out and some gas for the boat. I'll keep it. I have a box full of old cameras from 3 Leica's that were my wife's Grand Fathers to an old 60's era Nikon. I have to see what I have there. The problem is they made 100's of thousands of cameras a year maybe more.

Who's old enough to remember Pinky stamps, man you must be old if you do.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

Rick

If you click on your name, then click on images, your pics will appear. Then click on a pic you want to share. There will be a column that will show links. There is a link to share on forums.

Edited by Misfish

Rick

If you click on your name, then click on images, your pics will appear. Then click on a pic you want to share. There will be a column that will show links. There is a link to share on forums.

I think he's try to post using his hip Motorola fone!!! :rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:

phone.jpg

I have a box full of old cameras from 3 Leica's that were my wife's Grand Fathers to an old 60's era Nikon. I have to see what I have there. The problem is they made 100's of thousands of cameras a year maybe more.

camera's may or not be worth a lot but the hipsters love the old lenses that can be adapted to modern digital cameras. especially leica glass. that box may be worth checking and comparing on ebay. myself, i'm on the lookout for a couple of russian lenses, the jupiter-9 85mm and helios 44-2 58mm

Edited by Raf

and, actually, the photobucket situation is slightly worse than initally indicated:

Hello,

Thank you for emailing us. There is a known issue with the album download feature and our team is currently looking into it.

In the meantime, you can still download your images with the following steps:

• Step 1. Login to your Photobucket Account

• Step 2. Navigate to your library page

• Step 3. View a photo and click the download button

• Step 4. The picture will be saved to your computer

Thank you for your patience at this time.

Best,

hmm

"so, I want to make sure I understand this: I cant use your site as I have for the last 7+ years; you have so many ads loading on it that the most recent computer with an i-7 dual processor and 30 gig of memory isn't capable of keeping up with the torrent of ads, and you tell me that I can't download the albums as you promote in your email notifications, state in your user agreement and publish on line. And you recognise that downloading one picture at a time is not convenient?

You can't really think that people are going to PAY you for your "upgraded" service with that level of incompetence can you?

You can't seriously expect that your customers who have been using your site for almost a decade will be able to download (in some cases) thousands of pictures one at a time, can you? The comparisons I could make with respect to this simply overload my circuits -

You are probably too young to remember the company Digital computers,,,,,, but google will fill you in.

honestly, reconsider your approach to this current "adjustment", or I suspect that Photobucket will kick the bucket and have a footnote in IT history, just like Digital"

feel free to share your appreciation with these fine fellows:

http://support.photobucket.com/hc/en-us

'cause it is quite possible that IF you were using them as a cloud based storage, the only way you will be able to ensure retrieval, is one slow multi click, verify-you-aren't-a-robot-multi-screen-validation download at a at time

they do understand this is not convenient.....