Opening Day

Well where I live ( Cornwall ) Walleye and Pike open this Saturday 06/May and it looks like its going to be really crummy weather.

It's calling for 15-20+ mm of rain. I like fishing but I do believe I am getting to the age where I don't think it will

be worth it to stand out there all day getting soaking wet.

Maybe it the old age setting into my bones or maybe im just getting smarter and wiser in my old age ( smarter and wiser, yeah right lol ) but I

think I will be sitting opening day out in this area .

Now the good news is I also fish in another area ( Ompah ) opening day is a week later so I will be hoping for much better weather!

Who else is planning on sitting out opening day due to the weather or am I the only baby?

I'll be 50 this year and although I've battled through many a circumstance for the thrill of the hit the combination of temps and moisture just ain't worth it. Sitting out for sure but gonna make a trip up to our place just the same. Been 10 months and I still haven"t raised a flagpole. Better get on that before the neighbours chase me out of town.

I've stood in the pouring rain, snow, freezing rain more times than I can count, and suffered the consequences on more than one occasion. I think I consider myself wise enough to know better. Of course the weather man could get it partly wrong????

good luck if you get out. We are only a few years apart in age and I totally hear you there on weather and the 'naw that's going to hurt later' factor. However I have to work on my weekends that I don't have my kids and the one area I could hit up close to homer after work is still closed for a few more weeks (sanctuary). So good luck to you if you go and to all others going out

I've stood in the pouring rain, snow, freezing rain more times than I can count, and suffered the consequences on more than one occasion. I think I consider myself wise enough to know better. Of course the weather man could get it partly wrong????

The weatherman is payed big $ to get it right, they are never wrong! :rofl2:

What other job do you know of ( besides being a politician ) that you can be wrong 90% of the time and have no clue at all what you are talking about and still keep your job?

This will be the first year I can remember not fishing opening weekend

I'm at the doctors office waiting to get a procedure done on my hand that will put me outta commission for about 2 weeks

It's driving me nuts!!!!

I hope it's nothing to serious and gets better quick Mike.

I'll be out there tomorrow fishing pike opener on lake O, getting wet.. but hopefully catching fish :) There's conflicting rain forecasts on the few weather sites I visit, hoping we get some breaks. Don't think the pike are gonna mind too much. Boats already docked at the spot to avoid the nasty open water 6km run from launch to the area and I can't let down the fishing buddy who's dying to go. I don't really mind fishing in the nasty stuff as long as it's above 0.. and when you get off the water and sit down to some warm food and cold drink, it's an incredible feeling!

Funeral on Saturday then I'll be on Quinte Sunday May 7-14.

Hoping the fish are active and the weather, not so much.

Sadly the weatherman is usually right when you don't want him to be!

They say you have to be there for the bad times in order to be there for the good!

We'll see.

For those that make it out, best of luck.