Seen any good movies lately?

Old Ironmaker

Rented "Passengers" with Chris Pratt, Jennifer Lawrence and Michael Sheen. It was a lot more than I expected. Swiss Family Robinson in 500 years from now, or a good Lost in Space, Michael Sheen plays the robot. I recommend it.

This isn't movie time of year but we don't do much anymore after dark, I didn't say nothing after dark.

My full review of John Wick 2 would never be allowed to be displayed here but suffice to say these action flicks have been the best one two punch to come out in a very long time. Hands down top 5 action franchize in my books.

Saw LIFE and although I dug the 70's-80's low fi vibe, (where in that time we didn't think film characters no matter how smart they were supposed to be, were above making really stupid decisions, unlike today) but ultimately outside a few slightly gory deaths it lacked tension & fell flat.

Haven't caught John Wick 2. I liked the first one after I stopped yelling at the screen and realized it is only a movie. There is no such human weapon as John Wick. Plus I cried when he smashed up the classic cars, no CG there but the new fake Chargers should all be totalled.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

the word good and movie is pretty uncommon these days....I rarely pay for a movie these days as my streaming device allows me to watch pretty much everything....Passengers was actually pretty good....I could watch Jennifer Lawrence all day....Kong Skull Island.... :rofl2::rofl2::wallbash::wallbash: seriously another monkey movie....there should be a law to prohibit more monkey movies....I have not seen nor do I plan on watching John Wick 2....3...or 4 saw number 1 and that was enough...Did watch Aftermath with Arnold the other night it was okay.

The best entertainment is on the small screen these days....Billions....Walking Dead...Homeland...Ray Donovan...Outsiders....Designated Survivor to name a few.... :clapping:

The best entertainment is on the small screen these days....Billions....Walking Dead...Homeland...Ray Donovan...Outsiders....Designated Survivor to name a few.... :clapping:

Couple of Canadian Shows that are first rate are " 19-2 " and the show " Bellevue " in it's first season looks like its going to be a winner too.

couple older ones that I am surprised a lot of people have not seen ,The wolf of wallstreet,...American hustle.....another older worth watching is Into the Furnace with casey affleck and christrian bale.....

a newer one I just saw that was very good is Nocturnal Animals with Jake Gyllenhall and Amy Adams.....great movie but you have to pay attention to understand it....here is the trailer

www.imdb.com/title/tt4550098

Edited by bowslayer

the word good and movie is pretty uncommon these days....I rarely pay for a movie these days as my streaming device allows me to watch pretty much everything. I could watch Jennifer Lawrence all day....Kong Skull Island.... :rofl2::rofl2:

Your so right, good and movie is rare today. We have the Scotia Scene card and haven't paid to actually go to the show since they came out. We never use as many as we have saved. I can't wait until we get some decent bandwidth out here in the boonies.

Add Leftovers to that list as well as the only TV with commercials we suffer through every 4 minutes " Better Call Saul". These are all well made movies every week.

Couple of Canadian Shows that are first rate are " 19-2 " and the show " Bellevue " in it's first season looks like its going to be a winner too.

We need to give Canadian TV a closer look. It's the incessant commercials that stop us from peeking at them. Canuck productions are so much better than they once were.

We went out to see Manchester by the Sea. Both thoroughly enjoyed it.

I thought Manchester By The Sea was going to be a chick flic, no way. A real heart breaker. I won't spoil it, see it Academy Award winner for Casey Affleck and he deserved it.

I can't say I enjoyed Designated Survivor at all. Even with commercials I gave it a shot because I really like Keefer Sutherland. He plays Jack Bower as POTUS, I know he is talking because I hear him but his lips don't move.

We have checked out most all of the Oscar winners over the winter. I fell asleep during BLA BLA Land. The right Oscar winner was announced right the first time. I could watch Jennifer Lawrence recite the phone book.

A great Canadian movie I liked over the winter was the movie about the Canadian Forces fighting the Taliban out of Kandahar Airbase Afghanistan starring Keefer Sutherlands son Rossif Sutherland and Paul Gross. Hyena Road. Excellent flic and well produced.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

Add Leftovers to that list as well as the only TV with commercials we suffer through every 4 minutes " Better Call Saul". These are all well made movies every week.

We need to give Canadian TV a closer look. It's the incessant commercials that stop us from peeking at them. Canuck productions are so much better than they once were.

That is the beauty of streaming no commercials and you watch it on your schedule!

I thought Manchester By The Sea was going to be a chick flic, no way. A real heart breaker. I won't spoil it, see it Academy Award winner for Casey Affleck and he deserved it.

I can't say I enjoyed Designated Survivor at all. Even with commercials I gave it a shot because I really like Keefer Sutherland. He plays Jack Bower as POTUS, I know he is talking because I hear him but his lips don't move.

We have checked out most all of the Oscar winners over the winter. I fell asleep during BLA BLA Land. The right Oscar winner was announced right the first time. I could watch Jennifer Lawrence recite the phone book.

A great Canadian movie I liked over the winter was the movie about the Canadian Forces fighting the Taliban out of Kandahar Airbase Afghanistan starring Keefer Sutherlands son Rossif Sutherland and Paul Gross. Hyena Road. Excellent flic and well produced.

Ditto for Manchester by the Sea!!

Like I said I can't wait until we can get more bandwidth to stream, bye bye Bell.

I have Bell unlimited internet. $100 a month. I watch all the movies and get many other channels. $100 is all.

Manchester By The Sea surprised the hell out of me. Good flick.

Also, there are many B movies by great actors.

I had flashbacks watching Deepwater Horizon. Reminded me of pushing the Evacuation Alarm at the plant after a disaster. I didn't sleep that well that night. I read about the inquiry after watching. They really tried to hang the female Control Room operator out to dry, but couldn't. Her boss panicked big time.

If you like thinking movies to break up some of that action, try The Big Short about the market crash a number of years ago and A Faster Horse about the redesign of the 2015 Mustang for the 50th anniversary.

Based of my impression of you from here I feel you would like Imperium, about the FBI infiltrating a neo-nazi group in the US.

My full review of John Wick 2 would never be allowed to be displayed here but suffice to say these action flicks have been the best one two punch to come out in a very long time. Hands down top 5 action franchize in my books.

I liked the 1st 2 so far if you are into action.

Passengers was actually pretty good....

The best entertainment is on the small screen these days....Billions....

yes

couple older ones that I am surprised a lot of people have not seen ,The wolf of wallstreet,...American hustle.....

Check out "Wardogs" a true story and "Kill a Messanger" is also a true story.

Saw War Dogs he other night, free on Bell movie channel. Liked it very much except the ending with the Bradly Cooper character. I was wondering if it based on a true story. True with artistic license.

Fences was fantastic as well. Most filmed in Hamilton, supposed to be Pittsburg Pa.

Yeah I hear ya there but still a good movie and could be true we will never know.

Check the other one out too then if you liked it.

HBO was doing a free "on demand" recently with all carriers so check it out and see if still free as I have been off work a few days for a kids weekend.

• 4 weeks later...

Definitely a different movie, wasn't it? Good acting on the main guys part, but I found the "beast" to be a bit cheesy.

I was just going to post about Split that is out on DVD now. Just watched it last night. Yes James McEvoy's "beast" was a bit over the top I think. The real Beasts such as Jeffery Dahmer, Ted Bundy and Charles Manson don't seem to mirror the image that was portrayed in Split. Manson maybe. Makes for a more interesting movie I imagine. I dated a woman once that had multiple personality disorder, I swear, my friends called her Sybil.