Rain Gear

Musky Plug

That seems to be the consensus, however the closest cabelas is around 2hours away from me and I would prefer to try the suit and before I spend that much money on it.

What about HUK gear, does anyone have any experience with this brand?

You lucky devil, only two hours. My closest cabelas is 4 hours+ away in Winnipeg , if I am buying a big ticket cost item I have to put in the leg work, but like to get what I actually want than settle for what's just available.

You lucky devil, only two hours. My closest cabelas is 4 hours+ away in Winnipeg , if I am buying a big ticket cost item I have to put in the leg work, but like to get what I actually want than settle for what's just available.

Yep me too lol. I'd drive 2 hours like f all for proper gear

We really need a good store closer

Seeing more and more of it on TV and in fishing pic's on FB. Looks like some good stuff (all around) to me when checking out the site.

For a cheaper alternative, consider something from Frogg Togg's. I purchased their Road Toad jacket and pants that are designed to fit over your clothing while riding a motorcycle and they've been great for the 3 years I have been using them, plus they still look new. They're 100% waterproof and breathable, even when ripping at 120 kph in the rain. I think it was $80 total for the jacket and pants.

Super light, paper thin, and they pack down very small for storage.

For a cheaper alternative, consider something from Frogg Togg's. I purchased their Road Toad jacket and pants that are designed to fit over your clothing while riding a motorcycle and they've been great for the 3 years I have been using them, plus they still look new. They're 100% waterproof and breathable, even when ripping at 120 kph in the rain. I think it was $80 total for the jacket and pants.

Super light, paper thin, and they pack down very small for storage.

I grabbed the same ones for a quad trip and I've been using them for everything now for 4 years....nothing fancy but work great for the money.

That seems to be the consensus, however the closest cabelas is around 2hours away from me and I would prefer to try the suit and before I spend that much money on it.

Take the drive

That's a lot of money it's worth it

Cabelas also have tall sizes if your a big fella

Maybe I shouldn't be complaining lol.

Seeing more and more of it on TV and in fishing pic's on FB. Looks like some good stuff (all around) to me when checking out the site.

Yes that's how i found out about them, watching WFN channel.

Take the drive

That's a lot of money it's worth it

Cabelas also have tall sizes if your a big fella

I think that's what it's come down too. Going to both stores and trying each product out for myself and see which one is better for me.

How long have you guys/gals had the guidewear/100MPH suits?

I find rain gear has a short lifespan. I've tried all kinds, and after 2-3 years, I get wet.

It sucks spending big money on stuff that doesn't last.

I've started buying cheap stuff again. Some of it lasts longer. Same with waders. I've had the top of line waders,and after 2-3 seasons they leak, so now I spend $100 on cheapies, and replace them every couple years.

S.

I find rain gear has a short lifespan. I've tried all kinds, and after 2-3 years, I get wet.

I've started buying cheap stuff again. Some of it lasts longer. Same with waders. I've had the top of line waders,and after 2-3 seasons they leak, so now I spend $100 on cheapies, and replace them every couple years.

S.

My cheap storm tech gear has lasted 5 years thus far, and trust me it's tried and tested. I've worn it fishing and even moreso mining. I ripped a pocket on the pants last year so one zipper doesn't work.

Jacket and pants cost $150 I believe(I'll look). And I should mention it's spring/fall gear not winter gear

But my dad is a distributor and gets some wicked sales so if anyone is interested let me know. Some stuff I get for 50% off all the way up to free.

But sizing is an issue with stormtech. I'd always go a size up

Edited by manitoubass2

My cheap storm tech gear has lasted 5 years thus far, and trust me it's tried and tested. I've worn it fishing and even moreso mining. I ripped a pocket on the pants last year so one zipper doesn't work.

Jacket and pants cost $150 I believe(I'll look). And I should mention it's spring/fall gear not winter gear

But my dad is a distributor and gets some wicked sales so if anyone is interested let me know. Some stuff I get for 50% off all the way up to free.

But sizing is an issue with stormtech. I'd always go a size up

I'm interested lol. Is the gear wind proof as well as waterproof? What would be a comparable set to the Bps 100mph stuff? I'm looking for a set for myself and the girlfriend.

I'm interested lol. Is the gear wind proof as well as waterproof? What would be a comparable set to the Bps 100mph stuff? I'm looking for a set for myself and the girlfriend.

I haven't used the bps 100mph suit so I have no comparison to draw.

But I'll fish in storms and stay warm and dry, for whatever that is worth.

Edited by manitoubass2

S.

Goretex needs to be cleaned and treated every season or two...

One thing that has not been mentioned here and maybe a lot of people don't even know is that Gore-Tex comes in different grades .

Most of the middle of the line suits are made with the regular Gore-Tex product and it's a great product that is very suitable for everyones

needs . Then there is the top of line that is called Pro Gore-Tex that come in top of the line stuff but is very pricey . The Simms suit is

made with the Pro Gore Tex that's why it's almost twice as much but it's a far superior rain suit and you will pay for that upgrade . I also

believe there is a lesser grade then the above two that is cheaper to buy but obviously not as good . You will see these different grades

reflected in the price for sure .

Keep this in mind when you are looking . .

As for the longevity of Gore-Tex the above posters are bang on in that you have to clean the product with appropriate cleaners when it gets

dirty . Once it gets dirty/old and the water doesn't bead off it anymore the fabric will "wet through" and you will get damp/wet .Be fore warned

and this is from my experience don't wash/treat your suit until its necessary . The original water repellent (DWR) on the suit is the best its going

to get and once it's washed with the cleaners its gone for good and all the treatments won't bring it back to original .

One thing that has not been mentioned here and maybe a lot of people don't even know is that Gore-Tex comes in different grades .

Most of the middle of the line suits are made with the regular Gore-Tex product and it's a great product that is very suitable for everyones

needs . Then there is the top of line that is called Pro Gore-Tex that come in top of the line stuff but is very pricey . The Simms suit is

made with the Pro Gore Tex that's why it's almost twice as much but it's a far superior rain suit and you will pay for that upgrade . I also

believe there is a lesser grade then the above two that is cheaper to buy but obviously not as good . You will see these different grades

reflected in the price for sure .

Keep this in mind when you are looking . .

As for the longevity of Gore-Tex the above posters are bang on in that you have to clean the product with appropriate cleaners when it gets

dirty . Once it gets dirty/old and the water doesn't bead off it anymore the fabric will "wet through" and you will get damp/wet .Be fore warned

and this is from my experience don't wash/treat your suit until its necessary . The original water repellent (DWR) on the suit is the best its going

to get and once it's washed with the cleaners its gone for good and all the treatments won't bring it back to original .

I was unaware there was different grades of gortex. I watched a video on YouTube saying that if your gear starts leaking water you can wash it then put it in the dryer and it reactivates the dwr. Or must if be treated with the dwr spray or wash in stuff first then dried in the dryer?