Cancer has struck me NF

wormdunker

I wish you the best of luck as you begin this journey. Attitude is very very important. Kick it to the curb, then go and grind that crap into dust. You need to be a stubborn dude to this godforsaken disease. 4 1/2 yrs ago, I was diagnosed with a rare form of Non Hodgkins Lymphoma, stage 4b. Had I not started treatment, I would have been lucky to last another month or so. Chemo was no fun but I perservered. My Dr and my oncology nurses (who are the unsung heroes btw) were amazed at how I dealt with it. Do not let your mind take you to bad places. Read, watch tv, movies, listen to music, watch youtube, do anything to occupy your mind. Find out what exactly are the treatment options, if there is more than one, ask why your Dr chose the one they plan to give you. Educate yourself on the disease you have. ASK QUESTIONS!! Lots of them and do not give up!!

Wish you all the best in the tough times ahead, It is a fight you will have to win with the support of your family, friends and the great help of today's modern medicine.

As mentioned several times by others, You can kick butt with positive attitude. It has been done all the time and I am sure you can do it.

Keep us posted so we can offer whatever support we can to help you defeat this.

My father in law passed a little less than a year ago from cancer. He waited too long to go to the doctor and refused any alternative treatment. Himself, my daughter and I were supposed to go on a fishing trip but it wasn't meant to be. I got some great advice on a trip from Mr Borger so my daughter and I went but it would have been great to have him with us... There's some good advice and information here.. Good luck..

Edited by pics

I had the radiation prep done today, ready for my first treatment on Friday. At this time I want to thank the technicians, support workers, nurses , doctors right down to the volunteers who are all very valuable to our health care. I have had excellent care from all of the people mentioned above. The whole group is always on time with a reasonable wait time, are truly caring professional people. Our OFC group is a truly remarkable great bunch of folks. Your comments & replies have really helped me get through all of this. I have taken the time to read each response with care & compassion. I believe I have the last of many medical tests tomorrow. According to my schedule from the hospital it's radiation tomorrow, install the PICC line on Monday, then start the chemo on Tuesday. It will be chemo infusion 3 days per week for the next 3 weeks. After that treatment I don't really know what is next on the agenda. I'll keep you informed as I move forward. Once again thanx for all your input. Even if you just viewed my post & didn't post a reply I know you're at least thinking of me. Thanx

Brian

I had the radiation prep done today, ready for my first treatment on Friday. At this time I want to thank the technicians, support workers, nurses , doctors right down to the volunteers who are all very valuable to our health care. I have had excellent care from all of the people mentioned above. The whole group is always on time with a reasonable wait time, are truly caring professional people. Our OFC group is a truly remarkable great bunch of folks. Your comments & replies have really helped me get through all of this. I have taken the time to read each response with care & compassion. I believe I have the last of many medical tests tomorrow. According to my schedule from the hospital it's radiation tomorrow, install the PICC line on Monday, then start the chemo on Tuesday. It will be chemo infusion 3 days per week for the next 3 weeks. After that treatment I don't really know what is next on the agenda. I'll keep you informed as I move forward. Once again thanx for all your input. Even if you just viewed my post & didn't post a reply I know you're at least thinking of me. Thanx

Brian

Good to hear Brian! I'm available if ya ever need an ear.

Than for all of your replies! They are much appreciated! It took me a while to get back on the ofc board due mainly to weakness, also a 3 day stay a the the Cancer clinic did slow me down a bit. I finished my first 3 doses of chemo last Thursday after I was admitted due to getting a CADD pain medicine pump. The pump has been very valuable in controlling pain, as you probably already know priority #1 is getting out of pain & feeling comfortable. An MRI last week revealed The cancer is not in my spine. That was a major relief! My procedure is 3 days of chemo, then off 3 weeks until the next round is due. Then repeat this cycle. So right now I'm home resting. I have a health care nurse who visits once per day, to monitor my medication, a physio therapist is also assisting me at home, along with a health care company who has arranged a hospital bed in my home, shower seat, grab rails in the bathroom & numerous phone numbers of which health care provider to contact if I should run into difficulties. My team of professionals have been absolutely amazing! My wife looks after me as well as the household. The technicians, nurses, psws, home care workers & doctors are the best I've ever encountered. Their work is absolutely amazing!! My family members & friends have all been here for a visit. Their kind words & prayers are always welcome. I know you guys are also a big help in assisting me in getting over this speed bump in life. Good luck to very one as we will slowly be moving into the soft water season & tucking away the ice cleats & ice augers.

be careful harvesting chaga.... which side of the tree....the temp of the day and more

they all have an effect on this medicine.

Where did you read about this?

Chaga has been proven to stop tumor growth in a few cancers but not all.