Warming the cockles--NF

SirCranksalot

Down around Turkey Point (Simcoe/Delhi area) there are still quite a few self-serve vegetable stands. Usually fresh, good quality stuff and inexpensive. We'll normally round up our purchase to the next folding denomination.

Like if it was 13 bucks, we'd throw in 15.

Dan.

Theres a few around here as well. One stand is for pumkins. It does make one think, there is still good out there and trust.

Theres even a guy that has a small stand in the fall with bags of golf balls. Ya it,s only his time to walk and find stray off the course balls, but atleast he trust those that are honest.

Many out here in Haldimand Norfolk. Gary on the Town Line has a fridge full of farm fresh eggs, 3 bucks a dozen or $4.00 for 18. And some are so big the carton won't close. Some still have some feathers on the shells. Eat one of these and you will never buy those 3 week old eggs from the grocery stores again. Fresh vegs the closer you get to Simcoe.

out in the country where I live in kawartha lakes we have lots of roadside farm stands and what not,and almiost all are on an honour system of paying and I talk to the farmers and people and they say most times there is more money than less as people who cant make change of what they have end up just putting more in instead of less....

out in the country where I live in kawartha lakes we have lots of roadside farm stands and what not,and almiost all are on an honour system of paying and I talk to the farmers and people and they say most times there is more money than less as people who cant make change of what they have end up just putting more in instead of less....

We always grab corn from the little wagon across from the school in Ida on our way past to the cottage on friday nights. Fair price and the corn is always good. And we always round up our money in their favour.

It will be a sad day if we ever drive by and the little wagon is gone.

I love it when the farmers are selling fresh food out front the Macs on Angeline in Lindsay. I can get 6 corn for $4 (good deal or not I don't care) and if that is all I'm getting that day I always hand the person the $5 and say "it's fine, you deserve to get paid for great food and service" cause I will not take the $1 change when they try and force the $1 back on me. They worked WAY harder than I did for that...

But ill gladly take it for all those christmas carrols they sing on our deck

Bust out the electric guitar and drums this year and join them when they show up is what I'd do as a thanks. Cause it would be one heck of a thankful memory for them in return! ;)

Edited by GBW

Bust out the electric guitar and drums this year and join them when they show up is what I'd do as a thanks. Cause it would be one heck of a thankful memory for them in return! ;)

A powwow drum is more in order. To them its the devils music

Which is hilarious because they started coming to our annual fish fry at the powwow grounds

So there ya have it, walleye trumps religion???

Im not joking. They are literally scared of the drums

Edited by manitoubass2