2019-2020 Hockey Thread

What a game by the SENS.....shut em down big time. Lots of confidence in that room right now. Bobby freeking Ryan is on fire. Karlsson is on fire, Pageau is on fire, Anderson is on fire!!!!

Booyah

Sens took away home ice from the defending champs in the conference finals in game one, the laffs are looking for their balls in the woods on the first Tee.

:clapping::w00t::w00t::good::rofl2:

GO SENS GO

You gotta have 7 layers of rose coloured sun glasses on if you think the Sens earned that win. They keep playing like that and I don't think they will remain that lucky.

You're kidding right??

Total shut down of the Pens offence. Shut them out on the PP and frustrated them big time. Our forwards danced around their defense once we got going. Andy closed the door. They were frustrated and it showed. As all the sports guys commented, it was as near to a perfect road game as you can get.

All said I fully expect game 2 to be a different Penguins team.

SENS are good and the top players are playing awesome.

:worthy::clapping:

You're kidding right??

Total shut down of the Pens offence. Shut them out on the PP and frustrated them big time. Our forwards danced around their defense once we got going. Andy closed the door. They were frustrated and it showed. As all the sports guys commented, it was as near to a perfect road game as you can get.

All said I fully expect game 2 to be a different Penguins team.

SENS are good and the top players are playing awesome.

:worthy::clapping:

If Anderson hadn't stood on his head they would have lost by a ton!!!

He stole that game and if the Sens are to win this series the rest of the team will have to step up their game. ;)

He stole that game and if the Sens are to win this series the rest of the team will have to step up their game. ;)

Nailed it.

I'll be honest, I'll root for Ottawa in this series. Crosby has had enough success as it is and I'd love to see an Ottawa/Anaheim rematch.

Edited by jeremy84

I respectfully disagree, it was a team effort. The forwards and defense for Ottawa gave Pitts no opportunities, yes Anderson made some quality saves but that's what they are supposed to do and this is the playoffs. Lots of goal posts for both teams, could have gone either way but when it mattered, the Sens got it done. We shut them out until the 5th minute of the 3rd period. To do that against Pittsburgh is a feat in itself. But then you laffites probably thought this was a good game no doubt. LOL

https://www.facebook.com/HookedOnHockey/videos/1313692412073659/

Happy anniversary!

Bahahahaha :clapping:

Drifter, remember this is coming from the guy that said the Pens would beat the Caps easy based on how far the Leafs took them. Matt sees one team, one way, with very thick rose coloured glasses. Yeah, yeah...Ottawa's great, everyone else sucks and when Ottawa loses, and they will, they'll be some lame excuses like in the playoff stretch. Same old story...lol

What a game by the SENS.....shut em down big time. Lots of confidence in that room right now. Bobby freeking Ryan is on fire. Karlsson is on fire, Pageau is on fire, Anderson is on fire!!!!

Booyah

Sens took away home ice from the defending champs in the conference finals in game one, the laffs are looking for their balls in the woods on the first Tee.

:clapping::w00t::w00t::good::rofl2:

GO SENS GO

No one cares Matt. All of the important teams are out of the playoffs expect Pittsburgh. I am sure the ratings would be through the roof for an Ottawa Nashville cup final hahahahahaha.

The Leafs might be golfing at the moment, but I'd be willing to bet you a few bucks if they televised a Leafs golf tournament more people would tune in to watch that then the boring 1-3-1 Sens.

And if you don't think Anderson stole that game you don't know hockey.

Edited by BassMan11

No one cares Matt. All of the important teams are out of the playoffs expect Pittsburgh. I am sure the ratings would be through the roof for an Ottawa Nashville cup final hahahahahaha.

The Leafs might be golfing at the moment, but I'd be willing to bet you a few bucks if they televised a Leafs golf tournament more people would tune in to watch that then the boring 1-3-1 Sens.

And if you don't think Anderson stole that game you don't know hockey.

LOL.....Laffs fans saying other teams fans don't know hockey???? Now that's funny. Fans of a team that have achieved absolutely zero, ziltch nada in 50 years saying they know more about hockey than other fans bahahahaha please, you're killing me here. :rofl2::w00t::rofl2:

Seeing as you know absolutely nothing about the game, let me provide you with the stats from game one.

Shots on goal: Ottawa 35, Pittsburgh 28

Hits: Ottawa 32, Pitts 27

Blocked shots: Ott 22, Pitts 14

Giveaways: Ott 6, Pitts 17

Takeaways: Ott 11, Pitts 4

Faceoffs: Ott 51%, Pitts 49%

Whining fans: Ott 0, Pitts 18,975, The laffs (all of them)

So you say even though we beat them in every category and won the game, that they should have won and we stole the game???

:wallbash::dunno:

No wonder you gullible laffites are still cheering for the sad sac laffs!!

Isn't it tee off time???

:w00t::rofl2::rofl2::w00t:

Drifter, remember this is coming from the guy that said the Pens would beat the Caps easy based on how far the Leafs took them. Matt sees one team, one way, with very thick rose coloured glasses. Yeah, yeah...Ottawa's great, everyone else sucks and when Ottawa loses, and they will, they'll be some lame excuses like in the playoff stretch. Same old story...lol

Hey it was a prediction, I obviously didn't consider how the Caps disappearing act in the playoffs would play into it.

They did beat the laffs though, and thats good enough for me.

Is giving up the tying goal with 6 mins to go on your list? lol

Anderson stood on his head, making Pitts go 0 for 5 on PPs is impressive.

Both goalies played great, both teams hit the post/crossbar several times. The tip of the hat has to be given to Ottawa for keeping composure after the tying goal and then winning in OT.

Either way I expect a totally different game from the Penguins tonight.

LOL.....Laffs fans saying other teams fans don't know hockey???? Now that's funny. Fans of a team that have achieved absolutely zero, ziltch nada in 50 years saying they know more about hockey than other fans bahahahaha please, you're killing me here. :rofl2::w00t::rofl2:

Seeing as you know absolutely nothing about the game, let me provide you with the stats from game one.

Shots on goal: Ottawa 35, Pittsburgh 28

Hits: Ottawa 32, Pitts 27

Blocked shots: Ott 22, Pitts 14

Giveaways: Ott 6, Pitts 17

Takeaways: Ott 11, Pitts 4

Faceoffs: Ott 51%, Pitts 49%

Whining fans: Ott 0, Pitts 18,975, The laffs (all of them)

So you say even though we beat them in every category and won the game, that they should have won and we stole the game???

:wallbash::dunno:

No wonder you gullible laffites are still cheering for the sad sac laffs!!

Isn't it tee off time???

The ultimate Homer.

I see. Stats tell the whole story. So because their goal differential through 2 playoff rounds is plus 2

The ultimate Homer.

I see. Stats tell the whole story. So because their goal differential through 2 playoff rounds is plus 2

Forget it...Matt's a one trick pony that will disappear faster than Daniel Alfredson's Crusty the Clown hair style as soon as they lose. Poof!!!! :w00t:

Yep. Because an organization is run by the fans right and always acts in the fans best interest. I'm sure Harold Ballard, Punch Imlach and ..... who was it that didn't want to pay Gretzky to be a Leaf? All of them would agree with you.

The ultimate Homer.

Apparently as a laffs fan you don't really understand the only stat that matters is if you win.

Say what you will but the Sens are doing pretty good. I know it must be a bitter pill to swallow for the laffites out there but it ain't over yet. I'm not saying cup- cup-cup like you guys would be but it's pretty exciting as a fan to see your team winning......I know you can't relate but try to imagine it. :clapping::blahblah1::whistling:

so now stats and winning all of a sudden matter,

damn, I'll throw this up again

Playoff RecordEdit

Maple Leafs Senators

Season Round Result

1999-00 Conference Quarterfinal Toronto 4-2

2000-01 Conference Quarterfinal Toronto 4-0

2001-02 Conference Semifinal Toronto 4-3

2003-04 Conference Quarterfinal Toronto 4-3

Kessel is back to his old self too I see.

Wonder how long until he poisons the Pens locker room with his bad selfish attitude?

But the good news is the Sens didn't have a shot for over 15 minutes.

OH, and they lost!!! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Gotta love when Kessel tells a former art Ross winner and 100 point man that he is playing wrong.

so now stats and winning all of a sudden matter,

damn, I'll throw this up again

Playoff RecordEdit

Maple Leafs Senators

Season Round Result

1999-00 Conference Quarterfinal Toronto 4-2

2000-01 Conference Quarterfinal Toronto 4-0

2001-02 Conference Semifinal Toronto 4-3

2003-04 Conference Quarterfinal Toronto 4-3

Yeah and then you have missed the playoffs 10 of the next 12 years and never got out of the first round the other 2 :w00t::rofl2::w00t::rofl2::w00t::rofl2:

So your point is??? :clapping::clapping::blahblah1: