2019-2020 Hockey Thread

Are the Leafs running into hot goal tenders? Or, are they just not very good at turning shots on goal into goals? They seem to have quite a few games where they get a lot of shots on goal; but don't score a lot of goals.

Hot goaltenders...

Seriously they have at least 6 unreal "should be goals" per game.

Tonight was no different

Are the Leafs running into hot goal tenders? Or, are they just not very good at turning shots on goal into goals? They seem to have quite a few games where they get a lot of shots on goal; but don't score a lot of goals.

100% hot goaltenders. In OT Auston Matthews had a shot that was top left corner. 99 times out of 100 it would have been a goal. Have no idea how Smith got a blocker on it. Wasn't even his glove side!!!

Also, is it just me or is 3 on 3 the most entertaining thing in sports? Lets get rid of the shootout, make 3 on 3 for 10 minutes and bring back ties.

While we are at it, lets make the all star game 3 on 3. Was loving OT last night.

I love these games when the Leafs out shoot the opponent, make some highlight reel plays and come out with a loss or a single point. That's the best of both worlds! We didn't get Matthews by just about making the playoffs.

Babcock is a smarter hockey guy than me but yeah, Gardiner drives me nuts too. How about the OT a couple days ago? Leafs win the opening drop and Gardiner tries a 150 pass to...nobody. Three on three, gobs of open ice and he gets picked off. That stuff makes me wonder. LOL

Anyway, great game last night. And Holland??? Isn't is ALWAYS the way in hockey?? The traded guy has something to prove and bites you in the butt!! LOL Good for him.

100% hot goaltenders. In OT Auston Matthews had a shot that was top left corner. 99 times out of 100 it would have been a goal. Have no idea how Smith got a blocker on it. Wasn't even his glove side!!!

Also, is it just me or is 3 on 3 the most entertaining thing in sports? Lets get rid of the shootout, make 3 on 3 for 10 minutes and bring back ties.

While we are at it, lets make the all star game 3 on 3. Was loving OT last night.

I agree...hot goalies for sure. I watched the Matthews replay on slomo...it looked like the puck was bouncing and he didn't get all of it. I think a clean snap would have seen the back of the net. Amazing hand eye talent on this guy regardless of the outcome.

The 3 on 3 is great fun to watch. Not so sure it would be as goon in the all star game though. Remember in these OT's the guys are playing for and extra point in the standings...that's a big deal. The all star game is beer league with a ton of talent. LOL I'd like to see a couple periods of 4 on 4.

The PA has absolutely no interest in making players skate more than they already do.

As exciting as it is and I think absolutely everyone agrees that 3 on 3 is the best thing going...but to ask players to skate another quarter of a period isnt gonna happen.

I'd take a bet on this. If it increases interest and thus revenue, you'd be surprised what is used as a bargaining chip for the next CBA.

They will never do regular season OT continuous until someone scores a goal (which I would love) but I can really see this happening soon.

Exciting hockey, but getting tired of the loses. They have to figure out how to get those shots in.

Get rid of the shoot outs, worst thing they ever put into the game of hockey.

So, the players might get a little tired from playing 3 on 3, too bad they make a ton of money. let them play until it's decided.

No points for losers either! That's just crazy.

Can you believe how BIG Mike Smith looks in the net. Changes needed in goal if there are going to be any changes. I was amazed that they were even able to hit the posts in the shoot out.

Exciting hockey, but getting tired of the loses. They have to figure out how to get those shots in.

Get rid of the shoot outs, worst thing they ever put into the game of hockey.

So, the players might get a little tired from playing 3 on 3, too bad they make a ton of money. let them play until it's decided.

No points for losers either! That's just crazy.

Can you believe how BIG Mike Smith looks in the net. Changes needed in goal if there are going to be any changes. I was amazed that they were even able to hit the posts in the shoot out.

Actually, in regular time they are batting .500, 11 wins and 11 losses , its the 7 overtime losses that are holding them back, most in the league.

That was a great game, the place absolutely erupted when we scored the winner.

A9BE31DE-7656-406B-BDA5-53839639C058_zps

50472707-13F7-4125-9864-63808BBF165D_zps

It's unfortunate that tickets are so expensive though. At $300 a seat there's no way I could have taken my Son to the game if I didn't score free tix. Well, maybe in the nosebleeds....