2019-2020 Hockey Thread

remember this...because toronto was a total victim of this for many years

great teams win games that they are definitely not supposed to win. How many times did this happen when toronto used to play boston, chicago, detroit etc etc on any given night. Toronto would dominate and the other team wouldnt even show up, yet somehow at the end of the game the good team would force overtime and then beat us.

At the end of the season thats what matters, when you sneak two points out of a crap game.

Matt's complete disappearance from this thread when he used to reply multiple times a day is hilarious.

Edited by AKRISONER

49 minutes ago, AKRISONER said:

great teams win games that they are definitely not supposed to win. How many times did this happen when toronto used to play boston, chicago, detroit etc etc on any given night. Toronto would dominate and the other team wouldnt even show up, yet somehow at the end of the game the good team would force overtime and then beat us.

At the end of the season thats what matters, when you sneak two points out of a crap game.

Matt's complete disappearance from this thread when he used to reply multiple times a day is hilarious.

I think he has moved on to some other activity. I sure would if it was the Leaf team that was losing. I do hope the Canadian teams can turn it around.

8 minutes ago, jimmer said:

I think he has moved on to some other activity. I sure would if it was the Leaf team that was losing. I do hope the Canadian teams can turn it around.

I believe he's playing in a ringette beer league in Ottawa.

I hear that some of the Sens are on the team.  :rofl2::rofl2:

2 hours ago, AKRISONER said:

Guys, guys!!! Come on now, I'm not hiding! Wifey has me renovating the kitchen....it's all I've been doing.

And yes the Sens suck, Karlsson sucks, goaltending sucks.....I'm shaking my head at the turn around from last year.

Brutal....it's so bad it almost reminds me of when I used to be a laffs fan!

I'm kinda glad I have no time to watch the games because I'd probably have to be a new one if I watched that crap!

<_<

Except you can't play hockey on it, or have cell phones on you while skating, and it's 5.6 million dollars of taxpayers money ?

In other news I'm at the Hamilton bulldogs game and they're running a train on the Saginaw spirit

IMG_20171209_182313.jpg

On 08/12/2017 at 2:43 PM, muskymatt said:

Guys, guys!!! Come on now, I'm not hiding! Wifey has me renovating the kitchen....it's all I've been doing.

Are you going to need any tarps for the renovation.  If so, I'd make sure to pick them right away while they are still in stock.  They may be hard to find in the Ottawa area pretty soon.  :P

12 hours ago, JohnBacon said:

Are you going to need any tarps for the renovation.  If so, I'd make sure to pick them right away while they are still in stock.  They may be hard to find in the Ottawa area pretty soon.  :P

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Chirp level: EXPERT!!!!!   :lol::lol:

Seriously, I'm wondering if the Ottawa coach will last much longer. They are absolutely BRUTAL.

- Karlsson is a -16 with 1 goal total

- Bobby Ryan has scored 1 goal this year

- the team is a -21 and has won 1 game in the last 11

- of 22 skaters on the roster, only 8 are a positive +/-

- Coach Boucher commented Phanuef is grooming Chabot (oh boy, that one got me!! LOL)

- Duchene has 2 goals in 14 games and is a -11

And to top it all off.... Kyle Turris has 13 points (3 goals and 10 assists) in 14 games!! OUCH!!! Nashville is happy happy.

I'm not sure if the Leafs played poorly or played to defend the lead. When they're up a goal, they go into a defensive stance and seem to play like they're shorthanded, When they're down a goal, they fly...and usually go get a goal or two at will. It's a strange look this year but the leader board suggests we just enjoy the ride. 

20 minutes ago, LostAnotherOne said:

You boys are forgetting who stepped up last night for the leafs.  The goal post lol

Yeah but you get the same amount of goals if you miss the net by 10 feet....and they shot wide a lot last night too.

Interesting stat that bodes well for the overall strength of the Leafs, they are 5-0-0 when Matthews sits out! Geesh.

13 minutes ago, LostAnotherOne said:

Its a game of inches sometimes.  Glad to see mac get the shutout.  Maybe with anderson playing so well it rubbed off on him too.  It is an interesting stat too with matthews.  Does he sit out on tuesday?

Not sure about Tuesday...they'll probably wait until that morning to announce it.