What are you watching lately, TV, Movies..etc

ckewley

Nothing really on regular television right now that I usually watch... but I have been watching and thoroughly enjoying Stranger Things. Love the music and it is very well acted.

When they're on I've been watching...

The Walking Dead - although the finale of last season left A LOT to be desired... not sure if I want to carry on with that show. I usually just watch it to complain about how stupid the characters are.

Game of Thrones - Maybe recency bias, but this is right up there with my favourite show of all time, if not the best ever. So big, grand, complicated, dark and violent.

Better Call Saul - Is a weekly staple. I think I might like it just as much as Breaking Bad.

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - My favourite comedy series going right now. Although I have to search for it usually to find it since I don't get it on cable and Canadian Netflix doesn't carry it.

Longmire - And I'm not sure why because it's not really like anything else I watch. Maybe I just love the Wyoming scenery or the fact that I wish I could be more like Longmire in real life lol.

The wife and I are usually movie junkies, but we haven't really found any lately and haven't been to the theatre in a while. The best movies I've seen lately are independent types movies, two that come to mind (just because I watched them recently and I'll tell everyone to watch them until they do) are:

What We Do in the Shadows

And Bone Tomahawk

Polar opposites in movie genre, I know, but both excellent in their own rights.

Edited by netminder

If you liked the movie Fargo you will like seasons 1 & 2. Probably the best TV series of the last two years

Oh, and almost forgot... I missed season 1 of Fargo, but season 2 was amazing. reminds me I still need to find season 1 somewhere!

On Ep 5 of Preacher & am loving every minute, had I known Joe Gilgun was in it I would have tuned in sooner, great actor. I'm glad Old Ironmaker mentioned Deadwood,without a doubt one of the greatest shows of all time. Don't know if you watched Justified but you can tell Olyphant had pull to get a lot of Deadwood's cast rolls in that show.

Watched a oldie but goodie (relatively speaking)

good call on adding this topic!!! I'm not a TV guy so to say but I do love movies and yes the 80's/90's were best. But a movie since ones like "spy's like us" that I really like is "VanWilder" and keeping with the same actor (Ryan Reynolds) one called "Waiting". If you ever worked in the bar business WATCH waiting... ;)https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJEsNjH3JT8

Haha. It's been a while since I've seen it. It deserves a little refresher hah:

https://youtu.be/lYKpoY47p2Q

The best ever was Deadwood. Many people I know have never heard of these shows because they have cable. If it has a commercial every 4 minutes I will not watch it, even watching the news bothers me with the interminable commercials that insults our intelligence.

I would put Deadwood in the top 10 of all time...along with the Wire. Band of Brothers and The Pacific also would go on that list.

If you haven't guessed it by now, huge action film fan. This is a film most might shrug off because of Keanu but he plays it perfect IMO, best pure action films of the 20 teens, can't wait for the second one next year.

Edited by ckewley

On Netflix:

Homeland-excellent first few seasons

Madman-one of the best

The Fall
Broadchurch...last two are British but very good

House of Cards first few seasons
...and new Stranger Things

Documentaries:
Red Army

Searching for Sugarman
Cooked

Comedy special:
Kathleen Madigan

...and yes Battered and Fastball are good. Also good is Knuckleball and Baseball by Ken Burns...if you like baseball documentaries

Edited by scuro2

Most of my favorite shows have been listed on here, big fan of basically anything HBO, AMC, FX etc.

The Wire is tops in my books, Breaking Bad is also up there, if your one of the people who haven't watched breaking bad, "because i just haven't got around to it" do yourself a favor and just start it, the first episode will drag you in.

Game of thrones, Mr. Robot, Fargo, Better Call Saul....those are my tops for shows still running.

The walking dead is a little ridiculous but i still love it as well.

Fargo season 2 was some of my favorite TV I've ever watched, so so so cool....great music

My favourite show by far is archer on fx, ive watched it repeatedly on netflix the funniest show ive ever watched.

I also just watched making a murderer on netflix and it was an awesome documentary but hard to watch, pretty upsetting.

Ill watch a bit of this and that as well, any fishing with muskie or pike or anything comedy.

My favourite show by far is archer on fx, ive watched it repeatedly on netflix the funniest show ive ever watched.

I agree completely, one of the funniest shows I've ever seen. I still crack up at episodes I've seen 3 times. It's pretty raunchy for a cartoon too.

Other than some shows on AMC if there are commercials we won't watch it. Favorite summer show would be Ray Donovan. The John Voight character just gets into all manner of zany high jinx, like having fake sex with his dead cell mate to get into protective custody for LGBT prisoners because the Russian Mob is trying to kill him as well as others including his son Ray. Ray has put that hit on hold for now.

A PG rating.

Edited by Old Ironmaker