What are you watching lately, TV, Movies..etc

ckewley

cewley, I sort of miss the seedy days of the city. Things changed when they built the Eaton Centre. I don't know if it was for the better. T.O. lost a lot of character Downtown after the clean up.

All is not lost OI, I see the Zanzibar is still on Yonge. Do you remember the Old Victory Burlequse Theatre on Spadina at Dundas? went there first year university in 69, think it closed shortly thereafter. Classic old school burlesque .

Currently excited to follow the new season of Its Always Sunny in Philadelphia, but based on the first two episodes so far.....Im not really impressed. The show has been amazing but after 12 years i think its finally getting a little stale. Pretty amazing considering it usually only takes a series 4-5 seasons to burn out if that. Still funny, still following it, but its lost a little something. Kinda like a legendary band still trying to put out new music but just not able to recreate the hits like they used to.

Having said that, Any fans of the show should check out Sweet D's new series ........"The Mick".......Its hilarious

Im also a "dead head"..........not the grateful kind but the walking kind :)

I still hold hope they knock out a few amazing episodes a season....first episode wasn't amazing but certainly a balsy way to start the season, and i did get that "what are the ruleees" stuck in my head for awhile afterwards lol.

Last seasons "Mac and Dennis move to the Suburbs" was outstanding

Edited by Brettiop

Yes Dave the Zanzibar is still going. I think we talked about this some time ago amongst us old timers. As far as the Old Vic where Long John Baldry did shows and "Tricky Ricky Days Extravaganza" of course I have never been to a dive like that. If I did go there I could still smell the carpet soaked in draught Beer and cigarette butts of both types, some still lit. The House of Lancaster is still going strong I hear.

I still hold hope they knock out a few amazing episodes a season....first episode wasn't amazing but certainly a balsy way to start the season, and i did get that "what are the ruleees" stuck in my head for awhile afterwards lol.

Last seasons "Mac and Dennis move to the Suburbs" was outstanding

Ya, they weren't awful episodes......hope they step it up a little though. And yes..... Dennis is flying his psychopath flag high in the suburbs episode lol. I predict he murders cricket or the entire gang in the final episode haha

Finished up The Walking Dead halfway point of season seven, not sure why such a back lash on Negan's character, quite digging this season.

Finished Westworld as well, hopefully season two will be as good.

Bought Hellraiser: the Scarlet Box, the first 3 movies with a ton of extras on Blu ray. Absolutely brilliant collection.

Also finished for the third time Clive Barkers : The Scarlet Gospels, if you at all dig his writing style and haven't read this one yet, do yourself a favor and pick it up asap. Not my favorite of his published works but near the top for sure

The Young Pope. It will give Game of Thrones a run for the Emmy's this season. UK's Sky TV and HBO collaboration. Top notch stuff.

Yesterday caught " The Accountant" Ben Affleck produced and stared. He said to his buddy Mat Damon, " I can be Jason Bourne too". It is his Jason Bourne.