Sportsman's Lodge Report

graftongal

A few weeks back Reefhawg and I had the pleasure of staying for a week at Sportsman's Lodge on Little Vermillion Lake. I would have posted the report sooner but I have barely found time to breathe since we got back.

We were fortunate enough to meet up with Tennesseguy, Whopper and two of their good friends. It was a pleasure to be able to chat with them and share stories throughout the week. What a great bunch of guys! :thumbsup_anim: Hopefully we can meet up again sometime, and don't forget Adam's offer for November...

Anyways... the weather was not the most pleasant experience of the whole trip. We woke to snow two days of the trip, quite the change from the smog alert days we were having back home before leaving! Cold and overcast skies made for some tough fishing for the first couple of days until we figured out a pattern. Once we got our technique down there was no stopping us!

Here are some of my pictures, Adam's will have to remain a mystery for all of you (or y'all as they say in Tennessee) oldtimers that know who I'm talking about!

gallery_52_146_54179.jpg

gallery_52_146_66174.jpg

gallery_52_146_77784.jpg

gallery_52_146_68399.jpg

gallery_52_146_53494.jpg

gallery_52_146_31993.jpg

These pike were like nothing I've seen before. Now I've caught a musky or two in my day, but the heads on these fish were unreal. Just gigantic, bigger than most of the big muskies I've caught. I can't wait to get back there after they've packed on a bit of weight throughout the summer. Hopefully one day very soon!

The walleye fishing was also very good. We never came home with an empty stringer when we went out looking for a meal.

The lodge that we stayed at was awesome. The accommodations were superb and the staff was friendly and helpful. Not to mention that the owner, Brett, was a great guy. It was a great experience and I hope to be back again one day.

Geez!!!!! Darned near wore out the sole of my shoe tapping it on the floor, :lol:

Excellent Sandy, despite the weather.

And, I am envious, not of the fish(I guess they're OK for pike, lol), but because you and Adam got to meet Whopper and TennesseeGuy.

Thanks for the report.

p.s. Why no pics of Adam holding fish??????

No pictures of Adam with fish because Adam is huge and makes big fish appear little in photos.

What's this y'all stuff? I even wear shoes in the summer.

Nice job Sandy. You did well under really nasty fishing conditions. East wind is not the prevailing wind in that section of NW Ontario, but East is what you got.

Beautiful Snady, just Beautiful! And the fish are pretty decent too! Glad you had a good time and the lodge was all that you wanted. Meeting Connie is on my list of 50 things to do before I die....dang near the top too!

Thanks for taking the time to post such a great report......you're the bestest.

ps. Try to find a little time to show Adam how to post his pics ok? Thanks :-)

Connie got it bang on. Adam doesn't like his pictures posted because some expert will put in his "no cents" worth that the size of the fish is exaggerated. Not worth it!

And Roy, it is a good thing you've got that on your list! Connie is a GREAT guy, and even better person! :D

And I had met Phil before this trip at Lakair last year. Thankfully I got to spend more time chatting with him this time around. A great guy as well, and one hell of a pasta chef!

Edited by graftongal

WOW!!!!!!!!Those pike are HUGE.... :w00t::huh: ....thats an amazing fishing trip thats for sure,thanks for the great report & pics,its sure a trip to rmrmber for a lifetime.those pike are true trophy fish .... it sounds like you had great accomidations,and everyone had a fantastic experience..thanks for sharing...man i wish i was there to catch one of those monsters cheers :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing:

Most excellent report and pics!!!... ans as said many times before, those are some excellent Pike!!!

Who cares what Mr. No Cents (Sense) has to say?... anybody that has met the "Reef" before knows his stature, I personally would like to see Adams fish.

Uness of course the REAL story is that you "strapped his butt" and he didn't catch anything!!! :whistling: (kinda like what my wife does to me :rolleyes: )

Whopper is a pretty good guy for an ol' Buckeye :thumbsup_anim: , and I would like to meet the TG one of these days... may have to make a little detour the next time I'm in Tenn. visiting my folks! :thumbsup_anim:

Great fish Sandy and Adam. We just got back from there on Thursday after a five day trip . We will be posting a report very shortly. The fishing was good. Clive ,we also caught all our fish shallow. Most were in 3 feet of water.

I was surprised how good the fishing is there considering all the pressure it gets. Brett was great. Great service.

A report will be following.