Sportsman's Lodge Report

graftongal

We got onto a good trolling run for our pike. We trolled along the rock points and the shoreline that joined the different points. Pretty much every pass we did we were onto a fish over 40". The fish we got were around 5 to 8 feet of water. Our hot baits were Johnson silver spoons tipped with a white salted grub. Most of our walleye were caught on eyeball jigs and white Power Minnows.

Thanks for the compliment Sandy. It was great to spend a week with good people at a great place.

Kinda of funny though the one evening I could see the flash from the photo shoot but couldn't see your boat.

Tell the big guy that I have not forgot the offer.

Thanks for sharing

Whopper

We got onto a good trolling run for our pike. We trolled along the rock points and the shoreline that joined the different points. Pretty much every pass we did we were onto a fish over 40". The fish we got were around 5 to 8 feet of water. Our hot baits were Johnson silver spoons tipped with a white salted grub. Most of our walleye were caught on eyeball jigs and white Power Minnows.

Great report Snady!! - Man those are some nice fish, I have a feeling that Adam was too busy with the camera to actually catch any... The Johnson silver minnow with the grub worked very well fro us at Kesagami as well.. I have some underwater footage coming that shows it at work... when you see it youll realize why!!

Guest Johnny Bass

Those are some really nice pike.I just wonder how many times those pike have been caught and released in that lake.

Maybe thats why they are difficult to catch casting and as the other guy was saying that the lodge owners were encouraging the guests to use a minnow and bober(which is a shame).

Nevertheless those are real Trophy Pike and the catch of a lifetime. And I hear the pickeral fishing is exceptional also.