I feel glumn

Tybo

WTH You guys abandon me out there. Lets fish deep,lets fish deep. Ya well we did. Monday back to shallow.The fish turned on big time. Should of stayed. Oh well,see ya Monday buddy.

And it was only -30 with no wind. Sun came out and it warmed up real comfortable like.

It was a morning of who,s who this morning in the lot.

Terry

RobC

Emile and his two young boys

TonyB

Tattoo man

Kenzy and his pop

I'll tell you how cold it was up here. My aunt, who lives out in the country, and heats with a wood stove phoned us this AM. She's the religious type, has a picture of her Saviour with outstretched hands on the bedroom wall. When she got up this AM he had his hands over his ears!! :lol:

Edited by SirCranksaLot

I'll tell you how cold it was up here. My aunt, who lives out in the country, and heats with a wood stove phoned us this AM. She's the religious type, has a picture of her Saviour with outstretched hands on the bedroom wall. When she got up this AM he had his hands over his ears!! :lol:

:rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:

I have too laugh at some on this forum(in good taste of course?)

Wear proper gear and -40 is nothing.

Its just like working in those temps. Dont be lazy, move around and work abit.

Sure your beard freezes but whatever lol

Starting to get cold? Drill some holes.

Run a lap, have a hot toddy

Suck it up

Does anyone know what "as cold as brass balls" refers to? It was -28 this AM when my wife got up to go to work. I felt so bad I went back to bed until it warmed up to above -10.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brass_monkey_(colloquialism)

FOr me it was so cold this morning that the only vehicle I could start was my Kubota grass cutter/snow pusher. Couldn't take that to church. Gotta love those small diesels.

No Googling Albert, can't ask a trivia question anymore. Actually I just opened the link and that isn't where it came from, Brass Balls not Monkey. Actually the Brass Monkey thing from Wikipedia isn't right either. Brass Monkeys is from a section of a Blast Furnace . Brass Balls is from old Naval warships. There is reference to warships and rebuttal to that as well. There is no reference from the Ironmaking version of "Colder than a Brass Monkey". The Monkey is a nickname for the Cinder Notch Cooling chamber on a Blast Furnace. It was made of Brass, later Copper or cast Iron. More modern furnaces do not have one. When a furnace is taken off line the Brass contracts. If cold enough Blast Furnace gas would blow from the Monkey until the cooler heated enough to seal the gap.

And SirCranks, that is funny, I'm using that one.

Rick if you bring someone from the tropic to where you are they can show signs of hypothermia in the same conditions much sooner than someone like yourself that has lived and worked in the cold.

I don't know what a dry cold is. I have friends from the city an hour away say it's damp and the wind cuts you here unlike the city. I spent time 45K south of the Artic Circle in Finland, it was stupid cold there but at the same temps here I believe it is much worse here.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

My theory is the Celsius scale is to blame for the drama of how cold it is. With Fahrenheit it is 32 degrees and water freezes while you all are already at 0C. I personally find the weather outside to cold for me when I feel the hairs in my nose freeze when I inhale.

Art

My theory is the Celsius scale is to blame for the drama of how cold it is. With Fahrenheit it is 32 degrees and water freezes while you all are already at 0C. I personally find the weather outside to cold for me when I feel the hairs in my nose freeze when I inhale.

Art

I know it's cold when my nose hairs freeze too Art, but I'm watching TV in here.