If you have a hut rental this weekend, heads up

misfish

Some areas on the east side had a good ice build up, but I too will err to the almost and stay off til we get next weeks freeze up.

This west wind, just may make that ice on that side shift big time.

Edited by Brian B

I walked down to the 9th line of Innisfil today and the amount of water flowing into the Lake is crazy, and my sump pump has been going on all day (well since I went downstairs and walked into some water on the floor, the damn float ball was stuck down in the hole) good thing I happen to be home from work today.

The prudent decision would be to pack up the short rods until next winter. Huzzaba just because an operator says "It should be fine" isn't a vote of confidence I would be betting my warm dry skin on. Stay off the ice Huzz and cast into some open water, which there is plenty of all around.

They said it will be fine for friday since at nights it will cool down to below freezing :dunno: . Today and Thursday I am sure is a different story.

You say your watching LSMB, then Im sure you just seen the latest up to date pics from a member there.

THE FISH WILL BE THERE NEXT WEEK AND THE WEEK NEXT.

When I was out yesterday there was still plenty of ice out of Beaverton. I'm sure that Tim wouldn't take a chance if he even thought there might be a problem, it sure wouldn't be good for business if he did have an accident!

Edited by Big Cliff

You say your watching LSMB, then Im sure you just seen the latest up to date pics from a member there.

THE FISH WILL BE THERE NEXT WEEK AND THE WEEK NEXT.

this is the only thing I watched.

http://www.fishinglakesimcoe.ca/ice-watch

I have already rescheduled for next weekend after next week's colder weather.

Edited by huzzsaba

Well we are die hard ice fishermen and we haven't even switched the boat trailer/snowmobile trailer in the driveway. We usually tarp up the boat and get the snowmobile ready to roll and switch places in the driveway so it's easier to move one or the other for the season. I don't see the point now. Guess the snowmobile will not be used this year and the boat will be ready to roll again shortly!

You can only preach to those that will listen. Risk your life for a few Perch? Come on man. I can't walk out and run and gun on the ice like I could 30 years ago and wish I could. But on this ice? What ice? I risked my life pretty well every shift we went into the Blast Furnaces at the plant. 3/4" armour plate between you and 3500F. Not 350F, 3500F. No need for a crematorium. But that was to feed my family and keep them with a roof over their head. For a few fish I am amazed at the number of people that insist this ice across the province is safe after the deaths attributed to too it this year. For those that insist I have to ask? Are you stupid or what? A rhetorical question. This makes me question your mode of thinking Huzzaba. Maybe not a politically correct comment but are you nuts man?

Edited by Old Ironmaker

East side of cooks bay is in bad shape, before this warm spell we had 5-7" of ice and 4-6" was clear. Now you would be lucky if there was 4" of soft white ice that is porous from the water running through it. I will not be out anytime this weekend personally but will be keeping an eye on conditions.

Edited by Gallie

I walked down to the 9th line of Innisfil today and the amount of water flowing into the Lake is crazy, and my sump pump has been going on all day (well since I went downstairs and walked into some water on the floor, the damn float ball was stuck down in the hole) good thing I happen to be home from work today.

What time did you walk down?? At around 5, I watched as that whole ice sheet from the end of the road to fox just float away. Headed for lagoon city at about 5 knots. Lol

You can only preach to those that will listen. Risk your life for a few Perch? Come on man. I can't walk out and run and gun on the ice like I could 30 years ago and wish I could. But on this ice? What ice? I risked my life pretty well every shift we went into the Blast Furnaces at the plant. 3/4" armour plate between you and 3500F. Not 350F, 3500F. No need for a crematorium. But that was to feed my family and keep them with a roof over their head. For a few fish I am amazed at the number of people that insist this ice across the province is safe after the deaths attributed to too it this year. For those that insist I have to ask? Are you stupid or what? A rhetorical question. This makes me question your mode of thinking Huzzaba. Maybe not a politically correct comment but are you nuts man?

Lol I never said I am going nor telling anyone to go. I was suppose to go this weekend but rescheduled to next weekend and will reschedule again if its not safe. No I'm not nuts. Btw Im renting from a hut operater so If they say its not safe, why would I drive the hour to get to get to Simcoe? Thanks

I was on the ice Tuesday & Wednesday at Port Bolster. Tuesday in 22 fow there was 10" of ice, top 3" was soft white ice. 1" of water on top. Wednesday Casey's moved us out to 32 fow, 11" of ice again top 3" was soft. 1.5" of water on top. When we departed to shore at 2:30 it was 15 degrees. Taj was outside wearing a T shirt! I am NOT telling any one it is safe to be out there! My opinion & my opinion only- is with the colder temps at night -10 & -11 Saturday & Sunday the ice will firm up once again in that area (P. Bolster). I appreciate you guys advising others. Sad year!