New friends, Fresh air, And a few Brookies

Freshtrax

One of my favourite parts about fishing is in the planning ,

and i got to share that ckewley and sleepjigging over the last week and it finally came to fruition yesterday. We met early and after introductions and some much needed coffees we were headed north to our destination.

Some of their pals, and some of mine met us at the jump off point for our trek into the unknown ( nobody in the group of 7 had fished this lake before).

A great day was had by all, the fishing was slow but we did manage a few. I had a blast lets do it again soon.

b6_zpsri00bq2o.jpg

b5_zpsclhpxk1c.jpg

b1_zpsduek7ejn.jpg

b4_zpsclspozkm.jpg

Edited by Freshtrax

It was great to meet you & your buddies Freshtrax! True the day was slow but couldn't ask for a better day on the ice, even the Russians didn't mind the temps. Totally agree, should do it again soon!

Brian B anytime man I'm always down for fishing!! Think Bain has a picture of the monster pumpkinseed that one of the Russian's caught but refused to pose with it.....

Great pictures BTW man!

Edited by ckewley

Great report, nice going guys. Love that second pic as the sun is rising. Beautiful brookies too, on my bucket list.

As for the monster pumpkinseed - I highly recommend Advanced Taxidermy. They do amazing work and will capture every fantastic detail of that spectacular piscatorial accomplishment. I suggest a huge driftwood log as a background.

Pete

Edited by Fisherpete