Tamagami weekend

Jen

The weekend started Thursday night at midnight... I can never sleep the night before fishing, so I figured I would do the drive while it was dark. This way I could watch the sun rise at the lake while waiting on the world to wake up. Although as you can tell by the picture I didn't get there by sunrise.

Tamagami060907001.jpg

This was my first time in Tamagami... and wow, I now understand why ppl will drive for hours to spend time there.

Arrive at the camp

Tamagami060907005.jpg

Tamagami060907008.jpg

With just enough time to grab a 2 hour nap before everyone else arrives and we head out on the lake for a tour and a little walk through the bush.

Tamagami060907026.jpg

Moose tracks :)

Tamagami060907016.jpg

After a little tumble, yes I fell on my hike. I decided it was time to go back to the boat. I hadn't really considered the ramifications of wandering through Tamagami wilderness without anything but your camera till after I was sitting fishing for a while...What if I did see a moose or a bear for that matter? I pondered on that for a short time.

A couple of hours of checking out the lake, trolling, jigging, casting and just unwinding, one fish caught and a huge storm blows in. Thankfully there was an unused boathouse just around the other side of the island...

Tamagami060907021.jpg

And of course I still had to fish while waiting out the rain and high winds... one rock bass added to the list of catches...

Tamagami060907019.jpg

Storm blew over within an hour.

My first Tamagami Sunset

Tamagami060907029.jpg

The next morning , up not so bright and early... off to another lake North of Tamagami.

Rapids along the way

Tamagami060907052.jpg

Tamagami.jpg

Heading out for a day of fishing which will include a shore lunch.

Tamagami060907057.jpg

Tamagami89.jpg

Guess who forgot the stringer at home?

Tamagami060907071.jpg

Perfect place for a shore lunch!

Tamagami060907056.jpg

Everyone Arrives!

Tamagami060907090.jpg

Island resident and her babies

Tamagami060907075.jpg

My first ever shore lunch...mmm was it ever good.

Tamagami060907082.jpg

Tamagami060907087.jpg

Fully Tummies, back to fishing

Tamagami060907105.jpg

Tamagami060907106.jpg

Then this beaver shows up, having a real fit ... coming up practically to the boat before slapping his tail on the water and diving. The entertainment he provided lasted atleast 30 minutes.

Tamagami060907118.jpg

Tamagami060907119.jpg

Last pike Saturday being released

tamagami141.jpg

As night approached several pickeral were caught...although my numbers when it came to how many I got in the boat in comparison to how many I lost were not looking good.

Heading back to camp after 10 hours on the water.

Tamagami060907111.jpg

Minus the pike that got eatten at lunch, this was the catch for the day!

Tamagami060907132.jpg

Sunday morning! I had planned on heading out on the water by 5 am... although it was more like 10.

Off to a new lake, and they said the boat launch was decent... hmmm nope

Tamagami060907154.jpg

It wasn't a moose or a bear, but it was alive.

Tamagami060907151.jpg

Tamagami060907152.jpg

Muskie fishing wasn't happening, even though I did try a lure... which happens to be the only lure I did not come home with this weekend

Tamagami060907095.jpg

Three days in wonderland are now over. Even though it was extreamly hot and sunny on Sunday, I just did not want to pack up and head home.

The sun set on the way home.

Tamagami060907167.jpg

A special THANK YOU to Bob, Bill, Marilyn and everyone else I met on the weekend. You guys are amazing! From the food, fishing, laughter and fun friendships are made.

It truly was a weekend spent learning new things, enjoying the company of great people and seeing the world in a different light!

Cheers,

Jen

Edited by Jen

Great report jen. :thumbsup_anim: A fishing buddy of mine headed up there last monday through to thursday. Really looks beautiful up there maybe i will put that on my to do list for july....... ;)

Love the pics.........

Nauti ;)

NICE REPORT!!!!!!and very interesting scenery pics, :clapping::w00t: there sure was lots of wildlife around you all weekend,and that shore lunch sure looked good too,it is such a nice area where you went and the fish were there waiting for you,thanks for sharing jen....cheers :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing: