Little Too Far? Maybe....

FloatnFly

did buddy even go to court? not saying what the cop did is right but no laws were broken.

He went to court. His lawyer cost a fortune. Called it care and control. I see how it could be considered that, but this cop was a real dick that day. It was pretty obvious he wasn't planning on driving.

Some cops are pricks most are not. The private property thing is way to grey.

Years ago when I lived in Bradford, my Neighbor was cleaning his truck, In his driveway, with his tenant blocking him in. It was a sunny day and a weekend. Naturally he had been having a few beers while cleaning his truck. He had several empties on his front steps, and a halt full beer he was drinking on the hood. Low and behold, one of south simcoe's finest, drives by. Not once but 3 times. On the 3rd time he pulled in front of his driveway, and proceeded to arrest him for impaired because the keys were in the ignition so he could listen to music. The charge stuck. No previous record for anything. Now he's labelled for life.

He never had any intention on driving, and had no need to go anywhere. That cop took a good tongue lashing from the rest of us in the neighbourhood after putting him in the back of the cruiser.

That's terrible. Wow.

No because under the criminal code a bike isn't classified as a motor vehicle. A motor vehicle under the CCC is a vehicle propelled by anything but horse or human power

HAHA reminds me of a funny story. My bosses Nephew rode his horse to a Montanas Restaurant once for 2 reasons, 1: to avoid driving drunk, and 2: they have a hitching post in the front and he wanted to use it. The manager told him he couldn't, they got into an arguement, police were called, police told him to go home, so he did, and they followed him all the way back LOL :tease:

HAHA reminds me of a funny story. My bosses Nephew rode his horse to a Montanas Restaurant once for 2 reasons, 1: to avoid driving drunk, and 2: they have a hitching post in the front and he wanted to use it. The manager told him he couldn't, they got into an arguement, police were called, police told him to go home, so he did, and they followed him all the way back LOL :tease:

That would have been absolutely hilarious to see LOL! The guy must have a great sense of humour. :)

Yup, a little more to the story! I think the guy got what he deserved!

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/tim-hortons-texting-fine-1.3346930

I find that most of the time there is always more to the story. Usually doesnt get reported by the media because its not sensational enough and doesn't sell ads

I have no problem with someone getting a ticket for distracted driving. I think it's great to be honest. But it really pisses me off when I pull up beside a cop that's on his phone or busy on the laptop that's sitting beside him... twit for tat I guess but I live very close to a cop shop and see it almost on a daily basis.

Edited by Meegs

I have no problem with someone getting a ticket for distracted driving. I think it's great to be honest. But it really pisses me off when I pull up beside a cop that's on his phone or busy on the laptop that's sitting beside him... twit for tat I guess but I live very close to a cop shop and see it almost on a daily basis.

Cops park near my house for wifi lol

Edited by manitoubass2

If you read the Highway Traffic Act emergency service workers are exempted from the distracted driving law.

Edited by FishnNAutographs

If you read the Highway Traffic Act emergency service workers are exempted from the distracted driving law.

I totally disagree with that too Dave, guys driving emergency vehicles can be even more distracted than most drivers just because of the nature of driving to an emergency. Add in the guy yakking on a mike or phone or whatever and things get very dangerous.