Bad Weather Coming

4x4bassin

For those lucky or unlucky folks (depends on how you look at it) that are heading out this weekend to do a little fishing

be aware that the Georgian Bay snow belts are expecting 15-30 cm of snow Friday - Sunday . Special weather statements

have just been issued for the Parry Sound area and down through Muskoka . The area will probably be expanding along with

some weather warnings being issued in the next day . Be prepared for winter driving conditions in this area over the weekend .

Why I cancelled Thursday and Friday fishing. Leah and I have been busting our butts, until we can't stand up, getting our firewood out of the bush and piled before it's lost in the mess. Figure we have two more 8 hour days, just to get everything that I have cut and split on the ground loaded / out of the bush and piled.

I'm just hoping they're very wrong...

.... just looked at weather. It shows no accum for Friday, less than 1cm Sat and 1 to 3 on Sunday (for Midland anyhow!)

Edited by irishfield

Why I cancelled Thursday and Friday fishing. Leah and I have been busting our butts, until we can't stand up, getting our firewood out of the bush and piled before it's lost in the mess. Figure we have two more 8 hour days, just to get everything that I have cut and split on the ground loaded / out of the bush and piled.

.... just looked at weather. It shows no accum for Friday, less than 1cm Sat and 1 to 3 on Sunday (for Midland anyhow!)

And tomorrow it will call for all sunny days :D

, canadian forecast models disagree it seems. Lets bet on who gets it right!

I wouldn't be betting on the Weather Network!! Today it said "a few clouds" under current conditions. In fact, there was no blue sky visible nor had there been for several ours. If they can't get 'current conditions' right how are we to trust their forecast!! :angry:

Don't know which channel you're on, everything I've seen says less than 1 cm.

I have a bit of weather knowledge along with some friends in the " industry" some times these guys are wrong but most of the time they are always

on top of weather events in the area . Having said that , some squalls for Friday and some system snow for Saturday followed by more squalls Saturday

night into Sunday . Storm is still building on the west coast but should intensify as it moves east .

Guess the Canadian guys changed their minds? From Environment Canada (only selected area around Barrie, but alerts so other spots in Ontario):

Statements

3:41 PM EST Thursday 19 November 2015
Special weather statement in effect for:

• Barrie - Collingwood - Hillsdale
  • Midland - Coldwater - Orr Lake
  • Orillia - Lagoon City - Washago

Local snow squall activity likely tonight into Friday just east of Georgian Bay. Snow heavy at times on tap for late Saturday into Sunday morning for Grey Bruce and Central Ontario.

For regions just east of Georgian Bay: showers are forecast to change to flurries and local snow squalls late tonight into Friday morning as temperatures drop behind a cold front. Although significant accumulations are not expected at this time, heavy flurries and local blowing snow could reduce visibilities. Travellers should prepare for winter driving conditions.

Snow squall watches may be required as the event draws nearer.

For Grey Bruce and Central Ontario: a low pressure system developing over southern plain states of the United States is forecast to track northeast into Southwestern and Central Ontario. Current guidance indicates that the system could potentially give total snowfall amounts of 10 to 15 cm.

There is still uncertainity in the intensity and track of the system and Environment Canada will continue to monitor the situation and update the statement.

Please monitor the latest forecasts and warnings from Environment Canada at www.weather.gc.ca.

No such thing as 'bad weather', only inappropriate clothes!!! :lol:

So many got caught off guard at the mine today it was hilarious!

Me, I packed my gear and had it ready.

Went from +15 to -15 over night with a big snow storm, 40kmp/h winds.

Many suffered, me, not so much lol. It still sucked but it is what it is.

For the first time in my life, on a mine site, I was sent home earlier due to poor conditions lol.

In northern alberta they would laugh

An idea to make cutting your firewood more fun, and a little bit dangerous.

https://www.facebook.com/LarryTheCableGuy/photos/a.451669688463.247762.5677948463/10153760700958464/?type=3&theater

So many got caught off guard at the mine today it was hilarious!

Me, I packed my gear and had it ready.

Went from +15 to -15 over night with a big snow storm, 40kmp/h winds.

Many suffered, me, not so much lol. It still sucked but it is what it is.

For the first time in my life, on a mine site, I was sent home earlier due to poor conditions lol.

In Northern Alberta they would laugh

Yeah, they don't shut down here at all because of weather.

They do close the winter road during blizzard conditions though.

Yeah, they don't shut down here at all because of weather.

They do close the winter road during blizzard conditions though.

Man I wish. Big oil/mining dont stop for nothing lol.

That was alright though cause your on the clock to get to whatever site you were working at so no real rush.

So different here