Buying our first and last boat

Chuck an I have been actively FISHING for our New boat...

We've decided we only want to do this once... lol

We are heading back out today to continue the search but in the mean time, are really considering one of these 2 boats and are looking for opinion's and experience with them...

Any help would be appreciated....

Brand new.. with Warrentee's

http://legendboats.com/legend_full_windshi...e/16_xtreme.htm

The seller of this one said he is bringing the price down.. going to see it today...

http://www.ofncommunity.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=7518

....Well I guess Chuck has healed of pretty darn good if he's ready to ride around in a boat. :clapping:

....I suppose if it was me Shelley I'd opt for the Princecraft but the Legend would be okay if you maxed up the horsepower. I'm wondering though if you are going to primarily fish Simcoe if you'd not be better off looking at something a little bigger? Praps in the 18-19 foot range (wider beam), after all Chuck's a pretty big guy.

....Well I guess Chuck has healed of pretty darn good if he's ready to ride around in a boat. :clapping:

....I suppose if it was me Shelley I'd opt for the Princecraft but the Legend would be okay if you maxed up the horsepower. I'm wondering though if you are going to primarily fish Simcoe if you'd not be better off looking at something a little bigger? Praps in the 18-19 foot range (wider beam), after all Chuck's a pretty big guy.

Saddley Spiel this is where they get you on the price then. Uping the HP.Did youalso know when you buy anything from a 115 and up you got to buy the prop extra :w00t::wallbash:

Im with Roy on this one guys.Princecraft.

FYI. This is all word of mouth. Boat max is from what I hear,was or may still be CRK. They went into recievership.I heard that Doral is buying the place back. Im not sure on this 100% maybe someone else can clear that. Just be buyer aware there. They had a nice Ranger boat there I was looking at,and was told I could low ball them on the price and I would still get the warrenty when the new owner took over. I was leary so backed away. To bad,it was a real nice clean boat.

Enjoy what ever you buy.

Edited by misfish

Both are nice boats. All things being equal, I'd opt for the Princecraft.

The Legend is going to come in a few thousand$$$$ more, because of the upgrade you will need for the power.

John

Both are nice boats. All things being equal, I'd opt for the Princecraft.

The Legend is going to come in a few thousand$$$$ more, because of the upgrade you will need for the power.

John

My thoughts exactly.

I've fished in both boats and both are great machines, but like everyone said you have to boost up the legends right from there basic package to get a great boat. I figure with any boat as long as you take care of it and treat it right it will last.

My choice of the two would probably lean towards the Princecraft.

Good Luck

Mike

Personally I am not a fan of any boat that doesn't have a proper backwash, that being said, the Princecraft is built better.

Shelly, I saw a boat recently here in London that would be a much better buy. It's a 19.6 foot Starcraft Fishmaster, it has a 100 inch beam (as wide as is allowed to be towed ) and it has a proper backwash. I have a friend with this same boat, lots of room and I have never been on a more stable boat, highly recommended. They have a sticker price of $18900 but I am sure you could get it for around $17500 - $18000. The motor is a 125 merc.

You have my email, let me know if you want me to pass by and grab the phone number for you.

Matthew

Ficht = nortoriously terrible motor. Search on the net, places like iboats.com. You will not find out many good things. Stay far away.

Princecraft is a better boat. That package with anything but a ficht is better than the legend hands down, but still over-priced at $16K IMO.

Honestly, I would keep looking like others have suggested.

I love my ficht 115hp....never had a problem...only the 200+ hp fichts had issues...there was a factory upgrade and if the engine is tagged you'll enjoy it for years to come.

I like the wrap around windshield for bad weather, console is not great with a canopy .

That is also a Bombardier ficht 2002.....1999-2001 was omc and after the take over the problems were fixed

Edited by muskymatt

Princecraft makes a nice good quality boat.

I have 300 hrs on my 175 Evinrude Ficht and no issues. A set of spark plugs and fuel filters, changes of gear lube is all that has ever been done. Great fuel economy and great power. Love mine!!.

Definetely go with the Princecraft Shelly, their excellent boats, and the Ficht is also a good choice for the engine.

My buddy Jangers has a Princecraft / 115 Ficht combo and its been flawless since the 1st day he picked it up.

Thanks to all who replied,We went and had a look at the princecraft last night,and she's a beauty,normal scuffing was noticed,but she's clean,and now they're throwing in 2 downrigger rods with Okuma countrer reels and a Sea-doo doughnut with the rope and even oil to boot.All in all,I think it's worth every dime he wants,but I still kinda stuck on having a walk though with a top....Thx again to all who answered....TC and tight lines Chuck and Shelley.........

Thanks everyone for the help and advise...

We're still looking, but we got over to see the Princecraft last night, very fine boat with a lot of extra's. Boat has been very well maintaned... Price is still a lot more than we set out to spend although he has come down to 15000.

Decision’s...... decisions

Edited by LadyWalleye

I would opt for a Prince craft also, as I have one myself a great boat. Since your close to Wasaga check out Strugeon Point Marnia, they have some new one but 05 and 06 brand new never in the water. Talk to a guy named Bob Holly or check out there site.

Good Luck

Ken

Hey bud.

well I think you need to really think about what you want the boat to do for you

the prince is real nice but it's a single console, so the second person in the boat is going to get wet and cold on the nasty days ..but the big front deck is real nice for bass fishing and casting

the other boat had a full windshield and top, which is great for the cold days at the BOQ in Nov. or simcoe in the late fall or early spring...........

there must be other boats out there somewhere. that are perfect for what you want..do rush into it till you are completely happy with the boat.........

good luck...and happy boating

I have a 1996 16' Princecraft 169 DLX. I bought it new in '96 and haven't had any problems with it. I run mine with a 50 HP, because trolling speeds are more important to me than top end. I use it for everything. Fishing in water a couple of feet deep to water a couple of hundred feet deep. Right now I have it rigged for Lake Ontario salmon with a pair of Scotty electrics and Cannon down speed and temperature.

As others have said, I'd recommend Princecraft. Canadian built in Princeville Quebec.