2015/2016 Hockey Thread

LostAnotherOne

I don't know what stats you hockey experts are looking at but outside of his injury year he is top 5 in goals usually top 3...have you guys noticed a general trend in goal scoring is way down...not a Stamkos thing it's a league thing...might have something to do with what the NHL lets the goalies wear....

Regardless of your opinion on goal scoring and points, it only further shows the guys not worth whatever people think he'll get on the open market, I think he was offered 8.5 already, shoulda taken it and ran

Screenshot_2016-04-01-09-19-45.png

Map the regression, he's not quite a point a game player as it is, and the only reason he is close is because of his seasons over 3 years ago...

You are a Habs fan after all so I don't suppose common sense is in large supply! :D

Also take into account he's currently sitting in 17th in points across the league being outscored by guys like Johnny gaudreau, Erik karlsson and evgeny kusnetsov, to name a few of the guys who probably should be in his rearview mirror in points

Edited by Lucas F

That's the way I like to see the Leafs play out the season.

At first I thought adding Stamkos would be a great move by the Leafs. I still think he would be a great addition, but not at the money that is being thrown around. It will tie their hands when those young guys play out their rookie contracts.

Map the regression, he's not quite a point a game player as it is, and the only reason he is close is because of his seasons over 3 years ago...

You are a Habs fan after all so I don't suppose common sense is in large supply! :D

Also take into account he's currently sitting in 17th in points across the league being outscored by guys like Johnny gaudreau, Erik karlsson and evgeny kusnetsov, to name a few of the guys who probably should be in his rearview mirror in points

But you keep defending Kessel at $10 million dollar this year and his career stats are no better.....he is 56th in points with (56 points) playing with the premier centermen he always complained about not having ... The plus side for Phil is, he will never get injured they way he plays unless he fans a big one timer and fall on his a$$ again.

Edited by G.mech

But you keep defending Kessel at $10 million dollar this year and his career stats are no better.....he is 56th in points with (56 points) playing with the premier centermen he always complained about not having ...

Maybe a 10million dollar salary, not cap hit, which is what matters.

He's making too much for what he's been producing, for what its worth I think had mike Sullivan been coaching all year he would be well ahead of his point totals that he currently is due to the bad system mike Johnston was implementing, did not play to the strengths of his team and led too conservative of a game.

Now kessel playing under Wilson or Carlyle was a points beast, but also a huge defensive liability in part to the systems each coach used, he is being made more accountable with Sullivan and weball know how streaky kessel can be, what's he at in the past five games? 9 points,

Again kessel is not a center man nor is he stamkos they are completely different