New iPhone 6 or galaxy s6

fishindevil

apparently not..at least accordingly to work......

we were allowed virtually any phone on the market .... and the company would buy them (or put money towards them, depending on how much they cost) ... all except a BB :(

edit: so I went back and pulled my cell phone papers from when I got my new phone and the reason we can't use Blackberries is because BB doesn't support the Good Enterprise Application (or at least at the time of purchase - November 2014). I just did a quick search, and it appears BB still does not support the Good application.

Edited by Steve

I would pay cash to go back to a blackberry. (I would die for a keyboard again).

our company will not support blackberry software right now. Many ap's we use, and require, aren't available on the BB platform (I guess the enterprise BB server isn't worth it anymore either).

sad days.

I can't type using on screen keyboards. Always hitting the wrong key, not so with my BB.

I just upgraded to the Classic. Nice phone and have been able to get most android apps to run but you do need to tweak them a bit.

Actually the BB Enterprise server now works with iphones and android devices. It enables you to secure them, have a locked work space and be able to wipe them on command just like you can with BB devices.

I have an Otterbox for my 6 but can't remember which one. All I scan say if I lost in the snow in the gutter of a Fort Frances sidewalk and when I found it, worked like nothing happened. has the screen cover that allows bio locking which can be very useful.

I missed my BB keyboard for a year or so but the iPhone is a better media consumer and has more apps that I need. If BB Storm was not fumbled, they'd have more share.

I have an Otterbox for my 6 but can't remember which one. All I scan say if I lost in the snow in the gutter of a Fort Frances sidewalk and when I found it, worked like nothing happened. has the screen cover that allows bio locking which can be very useful.

I missed my BB keyboard for a year or so but the iPhone is a better media consumer and has more apps that I need. If BB Storm was not fumbled, they'd have more share.

What? You were in fort frances and never hit me up?

Im sad

Lots of great ideas guys !!! Thanks !!! I will be looking at a few different models for sure now including the LG model as mentioned by a few like I said mostly for the basics & pictures & Facebook and weather apps and of course our site ofc !!! :)) and some have said the newer phones are way bigger and don't fit in your pocket very well !!! I have an otter box on my iPhone and it does make it a fair bit bigger and bulkier do I will take it all into consideration when getting a new one very shortly !!!! Any more ideas keep them Comming. Thanks. Shawn

if you go the Android route, you may want to consider the type of Android OS to use. OnePlus, Motorola, and Nexus phones have a pure Android experience. Very clean interface and no manufacturer bloat ware. Majority of the other Android manufacturers (Samsung, LG, HTC, Sony, etc) installs their own version of Android, which includes many other features not found in pure Android. Over time, some of these extra features can take a hit on the phone's performance. Also, they receive the slowest updates. Android Lollipop has been released over a year ago and some Samsung phones have only started receiving updates recently. Some other manufacturers won't even bother supporting it because they're busy working on their next phones. Personally, if you go the Android route, I'd stick with a pure Android device, with the OnePlus being close to the pure Android experience. The last I've heard with the OnePlus phone, although great in price, is based on an invite system. You'll need someone that has a OnePlus phone to send you an invite to purchase it. And even then, because they're a small player in the phone industry, there might be inventory problems.

As for the iPhone cases, I've been using a LifeProof case, which is slim and waterproof at the same time. It also allows you to use the thumb print reader with the case on, so your phone is completely sealed.

Have fun with your phone shopping experience!

Edited by FrankTheRabbit

Personally, if you go the Android route, I'd stick with a pure Android device, with the OnePlus being close to the pure Android experience. The last I've heard with the OnePlus phone, although great in price, is based on an invite system. You'll need someone that has a OnePlus phone to send you an invite to purchase it. And even then, because they're a small player in the phone industry, there might be inventory problems.

They got rid of the invite system and are actually releasing the oneplus two very soon!

Whatever you get, be wary of lifeproof cases. While very slim and compact, I am on my 3rd case now. They were great with warranty replacement, but the cases don't last. I will try the otter waterproof case next, even though it is significantly bulkier than lifeproof.

I would pay cash to go back to a blackberry. (I would die for a keyboard again).

our company will not support blackberry software right now. Many ap's we use, and require, aren't available on the BB platform (I guess the enterprise BB server isn't worth it anymore either).

sad days.

I have the Q10 with the keyboard, because I always liked the keyboard over touch, but the keyboard on this phone is garbage.

It is a tough phone though.

S.

I had never heard of it, interesting idea. And lifeproof cases are closer to $100 than to $50. The only reason I have one still is because the 2nd and 3rd case where warranty replacement.

Yeah, it's a pretty cool idea.

After watching the latest update on the apple documentary (where they send in an undercover journalist into the factory), I wouldn't ever buy one.. I'm not saying any other manufacturer is better but when you have 150 some odd billion in cash on hand ,you need to have all your ducks in a row when it comes to treating people right.. They are WAY over priced..Apple claims to make 248 bucks on each phone but it could be double that according to the documentary.... they seem to break easy as well....