What? Finally a fishing report from MB2!

Well with the forecast looking good for today, I made plans last night to go shore bassin' in RRFN with my not so lil buddy Payne.

Woke up to major smog from forest fires but oh well.

Headed off and 3 honks, no Payne. Sorry lil bud that's the rule. So solo mission it was!

Hit RRFN by 8am

20150704_113519_zpsxivzbnai.jpg

Arrived to high water but pretty clear water. Boy it felt good to be back at my favorite shore spot! I've spent thousands of hours fishing this spot in the past 6 years or so

20150704_123606_zpsbh8qkyj5.jpg

20150704_123538_zps5fpaddmg.jpg

20150704_123606_zpsbh8qkyj5.jpg

20150704_124058_zps1pgbfku3.jpg

20150704_120414_zpsceq629mt.jpg

20150704_120412_zpszpm7v4s6.jpg

First fish came quick. No real size to them. Caught about 20 or so ranging from 1.5-2lbs, but like Brian B says, "a fish is a fish". And I was all too welcome to enjoy the tug on the line!

20150704_113148_zpsij8fiozn.jpg

20150704_113519_zpsxivzbnai.jpg

20150704_120620_zpscpvhassg.jpg

20150704_121234_zpsp1smglmg.jpg

Well after my fun at the rapids I realized I had forgotten my sandwiches at home, so it was time to pack up.

Along the way I decided to try one more spot quickly at a nearby marina in Barwick.

Great decision! About 10 casts in I caught my best bass of this early season! She took a white spinnerbait and fought hard!

A few pics and jumps and she was landed?

No measurement but Id guess about 18-19"s.

Tried to get a pic of the jumps but no luck.

20150704_130413_zps4ubodalp.jpg

20150704_130421_zpsgmukns0g.jpg

20150704_130420_zps0btrumw5.jpg

20150704_130422_zpswrdjcwel.jpg

20150704_130515_zpsgundhk4i.jpg

Even though my day ended early it was on a positive note!

Not one other incidental species today, surprisingly!

Another day in paradise? miigwich

Rick

Yep Brian. Only way to take a pic fishing by yourself. I dont lug around the dslr anymore or my gopro unless its a better planned outing.

And yep. My rule is 3 honks. I might wait 4 if i see your gear waiting outside.

Edited by manitoubass2

Great report M2B2. Some great pics, the selfies not so sure about. Remind me to send you a couple of razors. You poor wife has to look at you in the morning. Unfortunately you don't have the DNA to grow a beard like my hot head Latin DNA. But there is absolutely nothing wrong with those Bass.

How did you get away without a line of little M2B2 clones following behind you?

Great report M2B2. Some great pics, the selfies not so sure about. Remind me to send you a couple of razors. You poor wife has to look at you in the morning. Unfortunately you don't have the DNA to grow a beard like my hot head Latin DNA. But there is absolutely nothing wrong with those Bass.

How did you get away without a line of little M2B2 clones following behind you?

Frig you kill me???

Thats like 3 days of beard growth hahaha.

And as I said, selfies are the only option fishing alone without the gopro or dslr.

Sorry I upset you???

My kiddos were doing chores and two were visiting biological mom

I dont bring my kids to the rapids when water is high its too dangerous

Go buy a new bbq

Edited by manitoubass2

nice trip I would love to get my jetboat on those waters. We have some thin water down here that the smallies are hiding behind every rock.

Art

Dood, a few americans go through there every year and it scares the crap outta me.

Ive done alot of dumb crap but no way am i going through there on a ski

By the way no Ti Cat games, there are some kind of mini Olympics going on. Toronto is hosting Commonwealth Games Soccer in Hamertown. I guess that's OK as we have a drag strip near me that is called Toronto International Speedway that is about 3 hours from Toronto. I remember a lady from Ohio asking me if they could get a cab to downtown to do some shopping and asking how much it would be and how long a drive. About $300.00 and 3 hours with no traffic. It could be 6 hours with traffic. She thought I was kidding so she asked someone else.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

Thanks lbh!

And moosebunk, I hear ya. Fish after fish.

Mostly small but youll get the odd butterball especially as the water goes down. Then it also becomes a pike factory lol.

But come fall, that stretch holds almost mothing under 3lbs, and thats when it get really fun?

Edited by manitoubass2

Yeah, nice looking spot Rick. There's gotta be a bunch of eyes in there as well.

Its dratically better when the water is about 2ft lower, and yes, sauger above the rapids, walleye below the rapids. Tonnes of sturgeon too!

Geez, must have been way too long for me to post a report lol. Most my reports are from or near that spot.

For some reason I cant be bothered to take pics out in a boat???

Edited by manitoubass2