Bass Opener - What are your plans

AKRISONER

love the addition to this thread of what baits we are gonna be using,

First cast is gonna be the Zara spook Jr to see if the bronzes will cooperate on top. Might switch to the Pop R if im getting misses, moving on to Psycho dads, wacky rigs a tubes all in bubble gum and white.

Rainy lake, rainy river and mainville for me.

White spinner baits searching, then texas rigged berkley crawfish in black and red flake. Zero doubt we will smash them

And ill toss some top waters too, mainly a black zara spook but also a rapala popper in the frog pattern

Edited by manitoubass2

If you can't smash smallies in NW Ontario, something is wrong :)

Our friends up there hate them, I love them, lol. Lakes are littered with them.

Yes bill. You really cant do anything wrong.

Just troll the shorelines and catch em all day long?

Edited by manitoubass2

soon as you get north of lake joe it seems everyone thinks Bass are just a nuisance species...bunch of dead stickin walleye dinks!

good news for me bad for them! (i fish pickerel dont get me wrong, but you are missing out if you are chasing smallies)

Edited by AKRISONER

Going to be chasing both green & brown fish this weekend !!! The usual baits,senkos spinnerbaits and dropshots for the brown tanks !!! Going to fish 2 different lakes this weekend in FMZ17 unless the fishing is awesome on the first lake probly do it both days if it is !!! Then next weekend will be FMZ15 opener so will be in Haliburton for that....

A colleague and I have been asked out for an evening fish out of Midland on the Tuesday after opening, I think we will be heading west from there. We have a very good relationship with a bunch of really good people at a customer in Midland. We have worked really hard there and the people are really fantastic... you know ones you can really make friends with and sort of "click" with. One of the guys we work closest with and his son are going to take us out for bass.... I don't know if I'm more stoked about the fishing or just hanging out with them.... hey that's fishing anyways!

Burt :)

Standing on shore, weeping quietly, as I watch everyone going out in their boats. *sigh*

Will be doing the same thing... as i've done every opener... but will manage to get one or 2 small bass :) .... gonna try cranks, wakebaits and top waters as much as i can... gotta use something other than plastics that i always rely on

My son from London, Ontario is coming here Friday night and we will probably drown some worms along the shoreline on Saturday...

We will then have dinner at Kawartha Downs on Saturday night and give the ponies a try...

This is becoming a tradition for Father's Day weekend...

Last year we tried chasing carp but I'm not up to that at present...gotta get my heart beating regularily first...

We have camped the opener on Scugog River for years....this year the women booked us in on Lake Seymour. I don't know the waters there but I'm sure well hook into something over the weekend!!

GOOD LUCK to Everyone!!