Pluming advice

kickingfrog

So the faucets in the kids bathroom need to be replaced (I'm told) and that was my job today. No big deal I've swapped out faucets before and besides the blue air, I manage.

Clean out the crap from underneath the sink and notice there is no shut-off, pita but fine. Then I notice there are no threads connecting the hot and cold water to the faucet. The small copper pipe runs right up into the existing faucet.

This is above my pay grade, so my question is: What is this going to cost to cut and solder threads on 2 bathroom sinks that work fine but don't meet someone's standards?

my brother is a plumber and what he does and it looks easy. he cuts the pipe and he puts in a compression valve, no soldering involved, they are fairly cheap.

It's the tightening of the valve at the pipe that may be the hardest part. The other end has threads for the new faucet.

Aplumma may offer guidence on that :)

It does add up and with twin sinks it is a bit of a kick in the pills when it was only supposed to cost the price of two faucets but it is too little of a job for a pro as well.

Last I bought a new laundry tub and whatever went with it (brother, plumber suggested Moen and it had to have a primer) He took it all apart installed the faucet on the new sink it was a bit smaller than the one that was there, they aren't all the same I find out!!!!

It all worked out my daughter was doing her basement and "took it" never did see the $50.

One thing I can't figure out why do they not put shut off valves everywhere when they build the house?

So there is no access panel? Can you see where the thin copper pipes join with the main copper pipes?

Maybe there are shut-offs but, they are buried behind the double sink vanity in the original layout for a single sink. Another past homeowner reno?

Just spit ballin' here.

At any rate, installing shut-offs with proper supply line threaded attachments is a job within most weekenders abilities.

Best of luck,

Mark