Bad and Good Luck Streaks

So guys right now I'm in the middle of a crappy streak. Caught nothing my last 6 times out. Had a few chances, but nothing but disappointment. Last year I went on some good streaks where I would catch several each time out and also some bad ones too. I always say there something big waiting for me when I'm in the middle of one of these bad streaks just to motivate myself. I know it will end and hopefully with a PB. So guys do any of you go through the same thing?

isnt this what pushes us to fish again, i find that my addiction gets worse when ive been skunked. I have been having a slow spring this far, with terrible luck visibly seeing fish take swipes at my lures and missing, its frusterating, but then i consider the fact that if i landed half of the fish that I have been missing the day would be considered epic.

Thats how it is though, the more time you pay to the fish gods, the bigger the reward.

I had a weekend last fall i spent 18 hours on the water without even a nibble, it paid off with a personal best walleye and ive been fishing walleye my whole life.

During bad streaks I try to tell myself how great it is to just be outside and I should be grateful for the opportunity.

When that doesn't work (even though it should), I switch to an entirely different type of fishing. Different species, water body, technique, and even fishing partners.

Sometimes you just need a change for a while.

I actually do not subscribe to bad and good luck. The times that I do not catch fish is the days that I did not understand where or what they wanted. Sometimes it is just not possible to get bitten and I went fishing anyway choosing to accept that the weather or conditions would make a skunk very possible. That usually happens when I travel up North to fish where we fish every day regardless. On a "badluck" day look at what the conditions are and change something be it location, bait, timing, or other factor. By looking for the missing piece of the puzzle you increase you chances of catching fish instead of plugging on with a pattern that is not working. A tough day of fishing is an education.

Art

A ton of years ago, when there were lots of Coho on the North Shore of Lake O, I went out trolling at daybreak, from Port Credit. It was a beautiful fall day. I had the preferred lure, (red flourescent Flatfish), and decided that I would fish till I finally caught one.

7PM and it still hadn't happened! There were a flotilla of boats everywhere! At times, I was surrounded by boats with fish on! I was afterall doing the same thing they were! And not a touch.

Finally I did catch a beauty, but Man, it was a long day!

Moral of the story is; Luck can change, but sometimes it takes a VERY long time!

Make it 0/7. Saw tons of suckers today, but I think they were more interested in "doing it" then eating.

If you don't shake this streak come down to Virginia and I will get you on some nice catfishing.lol

Art

Just ask Chris K about my curse this winter.

Winter started off great. Had 3 solid outings and a job interview. Went for the second interview and figured I had the job.

Went ice fishing one day at gull lake. Caught nothing, got turned down for the job and got nothing on Dalrymple either. Then the curse started. Went 0/6 after that on a few good lakes that almost always produce fish.

Took a good trip with Dynamic Bear, Chris K and fisherpete to break the curse and I almost still blew it.

Lemme see.....my change of luck tricks.

Clean and reorganize the tackle box.

Change the terminal gear

Use that lure that worked 30 years ago

Try something absolutely crazy like popcorn for bait

Wander around a tackle shop and spend a lot of money

Start fishing at mid day instead of the morning

Spend a lot of time just bush wacking and watching the fish

Change lucky hat

Spit on lure/bait

Don't eat while fishing

Eat while fishing

Try a different knot

Cast into a tree across the river then try and get the lure back

Make fun of anyone that catches anything.

Make fun of the the stick I just caught

Think how lucky I am not to be a Leaf fan

Edited by muddler

Lemme see.....my change of luck tricks.

Clean and reorganize the tackle box.

Change the terminal gear

Use that lure that worked 30 years ago

Try something absolutely crazy like popcorn for bait

Wander around a tackle shop and spend a lot of money

Start fishing at mid day instead of the morning

Spend a lot of time just bush wacking and watching the fish

Change lucky hat

Spit on lure/bait

Don't eat while fishing

Eat while fishing

Try a different knot

Cast into a tree across the river then try and get the lure back

Make fun of anyone that catches anything.

Make fun of the the stick I just caught

Think how lucky I am not to be a Leaf fan

Hahahahaha

Years ago I landed a 13.5lb Pickeral from shore while camping. At first I thought it was a blessing. As the years passed, I started to notice, I could not get a pickeral bite, even while others were boating them. I had started to wonder if it was a curse. Last year I finally shook the bad juju, and started boating picks again. Was about a 14 year dry spell on pickeral.