A stupid wheelbarrow tire question.

captpierre

Hey Captain...Welcome to my club

Yesterday, using a foot pump I inflated all three tires on my push type wheelbarrow to 30 psi only to find two of them have gone soft...looks like a job for Patrick's Tire at county roads 36 & 24 just below Bobcaygeon...not sure if they can fit them with inner tubes...maybe I might buy a couple of solid rubber tires at Crappy Tire for the smaller tires...

Push-type Wheelbarrow.JPG

I also did the tires on my steel garden wagon and they stayed inflated... Steel garden wagon.JPG

I'll try pumping the wheelbarrow tires up to 40 psi to see if that gives them a better grip on the rims...

Ordered three inner tubes ($4.99 ea.) for my wheelbarrow today from Princess Auto as the tires went soft again even after pumping up to 40 psi...when they arrive I will take the wheels off and run them over to Patrick's Tires for installation...

Princess Auto had the best prices hands down...saw some at $6.99 for the small tires and $9.99 for the front tire and I think Wally-Mart wanted $11.99...

Edited by Beans

My wheel barrow tire was only 5 years old but completely weather checked and wouldn't hold air this year either. I took the wheel down to a local tire dealer on Thursday and he replaced the tire.

Total cost out the door was $33

Princess auto has a $3.99 cent tube for this problem, if you have put a tube on one before it takes 10 min tops. OR. if you are like me the first time I did it, I did way more work than needed, and had to 'learn' how to do it by trial-and-error, that time took me almost 1.5 hrs.