Why can't I post?

Smokercrafty

Tackletour has a 100 post count rule. It is to allow people to gain a perception of you as well as deter people who only want to take your money and scam you.

If you think of it as a way for these sites to try and save you some grief later on it isn't that bad. As a seller, it sucks, but I would rather a forum try and do something rather than not do anything.

Tackletour has a 100 post count rule. It is to allow people to gain a perception of you as well as deter people who only want to take your money and scam you.

If you think of it as a way for these sites to try and save you some grief later on it isn't that bad. As a seller, it sucks, but I would rather a forum try and do something rather than not do anything.

It's a fine rule. It forces you to get into the community and make yourself known. It cuts down on people coming in and posting mass ads while not adding much value here and deters scams and the like. This is a great community, jump in and I'm sure you'll get and give some great value!

We had issues with people joining and filling up the classifieds using the board as a sales tool rather than being a part of the community. We have a few people that are very active on selling in the classifieds who have over time become not only good supporters of the board but in most cases selling items that are excellent products with discounted prices for our members.

Art

Agreed an excellent rule.

One question though...

Is there anyway to add the rules to the mobile skin? The forum rules are not visible, nor the classified rules. This may help ease some of the ignorance/confusion/lack of knowledge...

And as more and more people go mobile... This situation could escalate.

Just an observation.

G

You can Roy.... Agreed. However mobile users rarely do, if ever.

Myself included.

Was just wanting to point out the rules are not visible to those on the mobile platform, mostly iPad, iPod, iPhone and android users etc.

Pm sent :)

G.

Edited by Gerritt

Simcoe?

East or west?

Yes it matters.

West,I could be in trouble.

East well, that would be a drive to buy anything. I could be safe.

LOL

Actually, south simcoe.... REALLLL south. Newmarket actually. But I mainly fish Simcoe.

You can Roy.... Agreed. However mobile users rarely do, if ever.

Myself included.

Was just wanting to point out the rules are not visible to those on the mobile platform, mostly iPad, iPod, iPhone and android users etc.

Pm sent :)

G.

I use my iPad only. But I must confess, I didn't look for posting rules. I just took them for granted.

True enough Porkpie, but I think a scammer will always be a scammer, 1 post, or 1000 posts. I do understand it would hurt a reputation on a forum, hence the reasoning behind it. All in all, I'm totally cool with it.

I just have some swag to get rid of! Lol