A wasted day...and painful

lew

We've got a corner jacuzzi in one of the bathrooms and we never use it so we figured lets just pull it out and we'll gain a whole bunch of room.

Next we'll get rid of the existing ceramic tiles and redo the whole room over.

So i get going about 8 this morning and remove the enclosure around the tub, remove the motor, the electrics, the plumbing and then use the recip to cut the tub in half and haul it out to the yard.

Everythings going great and all that's left to do is go downstairs, remove a couple ceiling tiles and cut the copper tubing away and the jacuzzi part of the demo's pretty well done.

I couldn't find my tube cutter but that's OK, I'll just use the hacksaw. Trouble was I had to work in an awkward spot and after about 6 strokes of the saw, I got my finger in the way and made a deeper cut on my knuckle than the copper tubing.

I tried to continue working but was bleeding like a stuck pig so off I go to the hospital down in Peterboro.

Couple hours in emerg, 5 stitches across my knuckle and then home with my finger wrapped in thick bandages.

Amazing how 1 second of not paying attention can mess up a whole day's work :lol:

That copper pipe is in real trouble tomorrow! :)

Actually I wrapped my finger and continued removing the tubing, but then it took me longer to clean up the blood than finish the job LOL

Doesn't sound like any fun Lew. Those knuckle gashes can take some time to heel if you don't take it easy.

I was pounding away with a wood chisel once and wasn't paying enough attention. Slipped and hammered it straight almost through the whole palm of my hand. Went in at the fleshy part at the base of my thumb all the way sideways to the pad under my little finger. Poured blood all over my hardwood floors. Went and got it stitched up and when I got home my dogs had licked up all the blood. The hardwood floors where gleaming, probably the cleanest they ever where while we lived there :w00t:

After my appointment with my family doctor...he sent us down to the hospital for a chest x-ray and as it was lunch time we sat in the cafeteria later just after 01:00 pm...too bad we missed you...

Been there.... Done that... More then once. Surprised they stitched the knuckle though...

That said what are you doing with the tub? If it's what I am looking for is it for sale? Does it work?

G

There's only 1 stitch in the knuckle and the rest are just to the side of it.

Getting rid of the tub was kind of a spur of the moment thing Gerritt and I just used the recip saw to cut it up to make it easier to get out of the house. Had I known you were looking for one you could have had it for free. It worked great, we just didn't use it.

Funny story about the dogs cleaning up after your accident Steve LOL

Norm, sorry I missed you, I was just one floor below you.

Just like been toothed by a musky Lew, weve all been there before if you have chased them for any length of time

A musky got me for 8 stitches Steve, the saw only got me for 5.

Maybe saws are safer LOL

Edited by lew

Not good Lew, cut knuckle hurt like a ^&%$ard.

Steve if my dogs licked up all the blood on the floor I would be sleeping with the door locked with a gash in my hand. Dogs are like sharks, they smell blood a mile away.

LOL. My critter's at that time where a Sheppard Doberman cross that would shiver and pee herself if you scolded her and a 7LB pekinguesse/chihuahua cross named Killer. I really didn't have a lot to be fearful of.