River Monsters does Ontario

AKRISONER

http://northernontario.travel/sunset-country/river-monsters-filmed-in-vermilion-bay-for-its-season-premiere

SPOILER ALERT the preview contains footage of a musky, it kinda spoils it!

Im pumped to watch this though, im curious to see just how big of a musky he is going to catch.

I think we can all agree hes nuts, the guy will fish for weeks on end all day and night just to ensure that he gets footage of catching the beast.

In the sturgeon episode didnt he also target pike? I remember him saying something about pike getting up to 5 feet long haha.

The longest pike ever recorded and confirmed was 152 cm (60 in) long and weighed 28 kg (62 lb). A pike of 60.5 in (154 cm) was caught and released in May 2004 in Apisko Lake, Manitoba. Historic reports of giant pike, caught in nets in Ireland in the late 19th century, of 41–42 kg (90–93 lb) with a length of 173–175 cm (67–68 in), were researched by Fred Buller and published in The Domesday Book of Mammoth Pike.

I like his show on the whole. Many interesting places he fishes for "Monsters" and of course the legends of people being swallowed whole while fishing from a small boat or washing laundry by the river doesn't hurt the hype. All the "reality" shows have the commercial cliff-hanger just before cutting to commercial. Did he get swallowed up by that giant mutant fish in Chernobyl? Did Cletus get pulled into the Bayou on the latest episode of " Swamp People" just before going to break ?

He has caught some big fish and works hard for them, I'll give him that. You very well can't produce a TV show called "River Monsters" without the monsters.

had a fly fishing guide tell me they have 60" pike in the reservoirs in Colorado...

I like his shows, refreshing format compared to most fishing shows and exotic destinations

I fully expect "local folk lore claims musky occasionally attack small children, truly frightening fish"

The best thing about that show and the Canadian guy Cyril (I don't remember his last name, sorry Cyril) is they aren't a n hour long commercial disguised as a. fishing show. No flogging rods and reels, BBQ's, camping equipment, leader material, line, boat accessories, oil, tires or Dodge Ram trucks along with every other imaginable thing to try to sell us every Saturday morning.

The longest pike ever recorded and confirmed was 152 cm (60 in) long and weighed 28 kg (62 lb). A pike of 60.5 in (154 cm) was caught and released in May 2004 in Apisko Lake, Manitoba. Historic reports of giant pike, caught in nets in Ireland in the late 19th century, of 4142 kg (9093 lb) with a length of 173175 cm (6768 in), were researched by Fred Buller and published in The Domesday Book of Mammoth Pike.

Im not saying its impossible. Its just a huge tease and embellishment thats all.

He makes it sound like thats a normal pike.

But I suppose thats the "lure" of his show.

He does it well enough that I myself still watch? so I shouldnt complain.

I swim in big pike territory, maybe ill be the next to get killed by one? After all I wear a perch pattern colorado blade around my neck ???

I am looking forward to this episode as well, i love the show and it beats anything on tv for me.

As for giant pike my favourite " story" is that of an old farmer in ireland that killed a 90+ lb pike with an oar because and i quote "it was stealing his livestock including goats from the shore"

Haha awesome, id love to see the gut on her.

The best thing about that show and the Canadian guy Cyril (I don't remember his last name, sorry Cyril) is they aren't a n hour long commercial disguised as a. fishing show. No flogging rods and reels, BBQ's, camping equipment, leader material, line, boat accessories, oil, tires or Dodge Ram trucks along with every other imaginable thing to try to sell us every Saturday morning.

I like Cyril too. His last name is Chauquet.

He has a new show along with his Fishing Adventurer show now called Wild Catch.

It's a great show as well.

Im not saying its impossible. Its just a huge tease and embellishment thats all.

He makes it sound like thats a normal pike.

But I suppose thats the "lure" of his show.

He does it well enough that I myself still watch so I shouldnt complain.

I swim in big pike territory, maybe ill be the next to get killed by one? After all I wear a perch pattern colorado blade around my neck

Don't forget your fire tiger speedo!!!! :tease::tease::tease::tease:

I like Cyril too. His last name is Chauquet.

He has a new show along with his Fishing Adventurer show now called Wild Catch.

It's a great show as well.

X2 on Cyril. Really enjoy his show, he is very passionate about fishing and his enthusiasm is second to none. I like the wide range of places and species he chases. Watched one episode where he was casting from shore and caught a musky...while landing it the hooks buried themselves in his hand with the musky still on. After removing the fish/hooks from his hand he was still grinning from ear to ear, he is a die hard. Edited by Beavertail