Saturday Lake O Report

Joey

Paul and I finally picked the right day to go to Lake Ontario, it wasn't raining, it wasn't freezing, there was no lightening and we didn't have any family obligations, so off to Bronte we went. After forgetting the lifejackets in the garage and a 30 minute detour back to get them, we made it onto the water at Bronte for close to 9 a.m. What a beautiful day. It was very smoggy tho and I'm glad we had the GPS unit with us. We headed out to the depth of water we were told to fish at and put out our 4 lines and waited.

It was HOT, and I'm kind of glad it was smoggy because I think I would have gotten more of a sunburn than I did if it was clearer out. We trolled from 9 a.m. to about 2 p.m. with only one hit, which was off as quick as it was on. Then we were ready to call it a day as I was burnt and we could not find the sunscreen anywhere in the boat. I had to put my shirt on over my tank top so my shoulders didn't get any worse, and then wham, fish on. Paul's turn so I got some action shots and, unfortunately, in the excitement and trying to drive the boat while he reeled, I hit the wrong button on the camera somewhere in between him reeling and me netting the fish :oops: So some of the pics are a bit fuzzy, especially the money shot, dang.

gallery_17_7_3848.jpg

gallery_17_7_4570.jpg

gallery_17_7_12896.jpg

The revival before release

gallery_17_7_1044.jpg

Here's a couple scenery shots before we left. The water looks alot choppier, which I don't think was from any wind, as there really wasn't any more, I think it was just boat traffic at that point.

gallery_17_7_8204.jpg

gallery_17_7_12508.jpg

gallery_17_7_13556.jpg

As we were reeling in to leave, we saw a gar pike swimming about 2 feet from the boat on the surface, that was cool.

While I was waiting for Paul to get the truck I made small talk with a guy hanging out at the dock, and it turns out he was working for the ministry and they had just put Lapricide in the water and took a few sample baby lamprey's for inspection, so I got a pic of them (in his hand of course, ewwwwww). We chatted about how they used to be really good bait for pickerel, at $1 for 12, but they were illegal to sell now. Was some pretty interesting stuff.

gallery_17_7_4494.jpg

Then on the way home, I saw an Albino heron, pure white. Never seen one before and I wish we had stopped for a picture. I don't know how camoflaged you can be as an albino heron :dunno: Paul says maybe the fish think the heron is a big cloud :lol:

Anyhow, I'm up next fish on :clapping::Gonefishing:

Cheers,

Joey

Great report Joey! So...was that fish there a tourney entry?? LOL. Those baby lampreys were pretty cool to see. Like that shot of you in your shirt...with all your sponsors....haha. Go get that next fish Joey! I'm sure it will be bigger than Tybo's....LOL

Actually Cliff, it was a tourney entry, until we forgot to take the pic with the sign :oops: Paul says I sabotaged it so he couldn't get inches for his team, I don't know what he's talking about :dunno::lol:

He gets so hot to get them back in the water and revived its hard enough for me just to take a pic sometimes.

Joey

Actually Cliff, it was a tourney entry, until we forgot to take the pic with the sign :oops: Paul says I sabotaged it so he couldn't get inches for his team, I don't know what he's talking about :dunno::lol:

He gets so hot to get them back in the water and revived its hard enough for me just to take a pic sometimes.

Joey

Oh sure...you may look all sweet and innocent but I think you have it in you to sabotage a pic or two....LOL. Congrats again...looked like a fun day out there.

great report

always a better day on the water, then working

too bad Paul has a problem getting inches for the team, I hear there are pills for that problem......LOL..

.sorry it seemed funny at the time

Great report Joey, again excellent photos, and a pretty decent salmon. That size would have been perfect in the smoker or BBQ

thanks for sharing.

John

Out on the big O is an awesome time weather permiting.LOL

Nice fish and I gots to get me one of them hats Paul. :rolleyes:

J nice shirt,did ya steel it.Im jealous :lol:

TFS

B, that hat is actually a Tilley, and they are darned expensive. Got him that for his birthday last year. Did you know they come with a lifetime warranty. Even if you lose it, you only have to pay half price for a replacement.

As for the shirt, Paul makes fun of it every time I wear it, with Mercer plastered all over the backside and then ...gasp... Yamaha all over it :lol:

Joey

Glad you two made it out there Jo.

Always a bonus when the fish co-operate.

Paul will just have to get another salmon, bigger than the one you failed to photograph for the tourney.

If the next one isn't done right, we're going to really believe you're sabotaging our entries. ;)

Thanks for sharing.

Great report! Sun, fun and fish to boot! Looks like a great day to me. As for the sunburn, how the healing process. The pain is pretty much gone from mine :rolleyes: I think there are a few of us that need to remember sunscreen before we head out next time.