My favourite NPS post thus far

Yeah, the NPS guys are kinda funny, and bad grammar aside, what's really the issue here? He's complaining about the steelhead warriors that act holier than thou when someone else on the bank decides to legally harvest a fish that their license dollars help to stock. Kinda bugs me too.

Poor use of the English language I agree , but the guy has a point. It's always been that way though, baby steelheaders lose their minds about the fish until they've got a few years under theirs belts and realize the fish aren't going to disappear if a few are kept. I can't image what they would think if they ever saw the harvest even 20 years ago at the ganny. Probably stroke out.

The momo's on NPS are not real pro-staffer's, they are internet pimps. There is a difference. Not to mention spot burners.

Ive had real pro-staffers tell me that their sponsors split-grip rods with either EVA foam, or cork are more sensitive, and weigh less, when foam is cheaper then cork, and less rings on a split-grip means money savings for the manufactiurer, those are the real reasons for foam, and cork split-grips nothing else but saving dollars, and not turning those savings to the consumer.

Ive had real pro-staffers tell me that their sponsors split-grip rods with either EVA foam, or cork are more sensitive, and weigh less, when foam is cheaper then cork, and less rings on a split-grip means money savings for the manufacturer, those are the real reasons for foam, and cork split-grips nothing else but saving dollars, and not turning those savings to the consumer.

great post! agreed 100%

Imagine what it would be like if the $50 that was spent to pimp someone else's products on that site, went to other organizations like the Nottawasaga steelheaders, Metro East Anglers, Credit River Anglers Association, Ontario Steelheaders, Casting for Recovery, Project Healing waters and similar organizations instead. There are certainly other ways to get into the fishing industry with a wealth of contacts available if you look.

Reminds me of the Biker rag that comes out free monthly, Iron Horse I think. The authors write exactly how they speak, including all the slang and cursing. After I would read it there is a part of my brain that would hurt. After a while I found I liked it and found it refreshing as no one writes like that. No one else until now that is, my brain hurts after reading that as well.

ok

whether you like the site,NPS or not

they are not pros and everyone knows that

and it did not say magazine article , it said report..he wrote a fishing report a fishing report

so now we disrespect people for how they write a report

or have I missed something here, (wouldn't be the first time)

men of good conscience insult people privately..............lol

Edited by Terry

Oh the things these PROmotors will do or say lol.

Anyone here have a boat sponsorship?

One of my good friends does and it is quite possibly the dumbest thing ive ever heard of in my life.

He buys a new boat every season at a 10% discount. So every year he has to try to sell his boat at near full cost(which is tough to do around here at least)

And after 5 years he gets a free boat

Sounds like more of a headache then anything else

Doesnt sound like trib fishing has changed much lol.

the guy has a valid point and one reason I don't bother with tribs, on the other side there not pros for the most part, but product demonstrators

They are promoters. Same thing i guess. But some of them sure love to throw that term "pro" around lol.

Doesnt sound like trib fishing has changed much lol.

the guy has a valid point and one reason I don't bother with tribs, on the other side there not pros for the most part, but product demonstrators

+1

Id call it semi-pro at best lol

A couple grand a year in fishing supplies does not make you a pro in my books.

Also, even if it is a 'report' its pretty sad when you cant write even half way proper english. Or spell for that matter.

Edited by Craigson

Ive had real pro-staffers tell me that their sponsors split-grip rods with either EVA foam, or cork are more sensitive, and weigh less, when foam is cheaper then cork, and less rings on a split-grip means money savings for the manufactiurer, those are the real reasons for foam, and cork split-grips nothing else but saving dollars, and not turning those savings to the consumer.

Interesting