Kawarthas Muskie opener June 2 & 3

Fisherpete

Well, the weather certainly was hot and the fishing was too... fished for a total of 23hrs (14 saturday 9 Sunday) and all that time on the water certainly paid off. All 3 Muskies (36", 39" and 43.5") came off the same drop off point, within a few hundred metres of each other, and there were 2 other followers as well. 8 walleye were caught, 6 of the 8 being in this lake's slot size. Some OOS LM and SM were also thrown in the mix. All fish were released this weekend, we had enough steaks & burgers in the cooler already! Best time of the day was early morning, there was heavy boat and watercraft traffic later in the day which messed things up. X-Raps were a hot bait this weekend, as well as inline spinners. I was really suprised at the lack of weed growth in the lake, things seem a few weeks behind last year despite water temps being in the low 70's. Rice Lake by comparison is already choked up and has been for weeks now. Hit the "Grand Slam" on Sunday, I caught all 4 major species for this lake (LM, SM, Walleye & Muskie). Back to the city for a day... back on the lake Tuesday!

39_Muskie.JPG

Marco_43.5_Muskie.JPG

Paul_21.5_Walleye.JPG

Pete_23_Walleye.JPG

Pete_36_Muskie.JPG

Teeth_of_the_beast.JPG

Edited by Fisherpete

Guest Johnny Bass

Nice! Looks like the pickeral and the Muskies have been putting on some weight in the Kawarthas! I'm probably heading to that lake on bass opener!