Harper's activities to undermine environmental/technical decision-making

Sharkbait22

Thought this important to us as anglers and Canadians. Half a page down is a list with links to news articles.

http://scienceblogs.com/confessions/2013/05/20/the-canadian-war-on-science-a-long-unexaggerated-devastating-chronological-indictment/

How things have change since the 90s.

Edited by Sharkbait22

If you care at all about what being Canadian has always meant, you wanna think long and hard about who you're gonna vote for...

Unfortunatly they don't have a candidate called "None of the above" or that person would win by a landslide.

The best we can do is vote for the lesser of the evils, until there is accountability we will never have good goverment!

Cliff pretty much nailed it.

The Liberals have proven to be to free with our money.

The Conservativea care about only money and big business.

They both lie routinely and make me sick.

Regardless of the "Party" in charge, I feel that universal health care and education and environmental conservation should always be a priority. We live in one of the best countries in the world - a new immigrant can come to a beautiful land where their child actually has a REAL chance of making an excellent life for themselves. I hope that remains true in the future. I'm not sure that the Liberals or Conservatives are capable of maintaining the "Canadian Dream".

I'm sure we will all have different opinions but please just vote this election. It's going to be a big one.

I am with you jeremy

we are all diffrent and care about different things but if we do not vote our voice is not heard

i think last time more than 50% of people did not vote (you could form a governamnet with all those votes :))

Jobs will always be the priority over the environment. Starving people don't care if the lake is clean.

Special interest groups have their say as well. Eventually, we find the centre where no one is particularly happy, but most can live with it.

Welcome to democracy. Stay calm and fish on.

HH

Cliff pretty much nailed it.

The Liberals have proven to be to free with our money.

The Conservativea care about only money and big business.

They both lie routinely and make me sick.

Regardless of the "Party" in charge, I feel that universal health care and education and environmental conservation should always be a priority. We live in one of the best countries in the world - a new immigrant can come to a beautiful land where their child actually has a REAL chance of making an excellent life for themselves. I hope that remains true in the future. I'm not sure that the Liberals or Conservatives are capable of maintaining the "Canadian Dream".

Well said!! NO POLITICIAN in Canada stands a chance of making things better for the majority of people... They just do what they are told or they don't last...

"Give me control of a nation's money and I care not who makes it's laws" Mayer Amschel Bauer Rothschild, said it and for good reason.

I hear you pigeontroller, it is scarey. When I mention this to people they give me the look of confusion or something and say something stupid like" If your not doing something wrong what are you afraid of" Bill C-51 there trying to ram through for starters.

Lotsa other scary bills have been rammed through as well. Big part of why you seen "idle no more" marches etc in the past few years

Id rather see palmater(sp?) In a position of power. She seems to get the big picture of the dismantling of Canada as a whole

Vote for the current Crime Minister....

Vote for the fantastical Justin (using my last name) Trudeu...

Or vote it the NDP or God forbid the Green Party or an independent....

You do have other options and if everyone voted other.... Things could be different.

G

http://www.whynotharper.ca/#printablelist

Why Harper will never get my vote. Is anyone truly ok with this?

You could come up with a list of reasons not to vote for anyone. Here are some responses to these claims.

1. Contempt for Canada: This one is a joke. It was MPs from the Liberal and NDP parties that found him guilty. His opponents make it sound like he was found guilty in an unbiased court of law.

2. Cheated in the 2006 Election: Other parties have been found guilty of election issues as well. Liberal senator Raymond Lavigne has already served jail time for fraud.

3. Turned Canada's Surplus into Debt: Trudeau ran several consecutive deficits which when measured as a percent of GDP were more than twice as bad as Harper's worse deficit. Trudeau increased Canada's debt more than 10 fold from $18 billion to well over $200 billion. When the Chretien led Liberals started running surpluses in 90's they did so by cutting transfer payments to the provinces by 34% in one year and taking money from the E.I. surplus. They also ran their surpluses during a world wide economic boom. Harper has restored funding for health care and continues to increase health care transfer payments by 6% a year; well in excess of inflation. He also ran his deficits during a world wide recession; we would have had deficits regardless of who was in power. He had surplus budgets prior to the recession.

4. Wants US-style bank deregulation: He as had a majority government for almost four years and has not proposed any legislation to de-regulate banks.

5. Opposes universal health care: Health care in Canada has always been administered by the provinces. Provinces do receive transfer payments from the federal government to help fund health care. As mention above; these transfer payments were cut by 34% by Chretien; Harper has since restored the transfer payments and is committed to continued increases of a minimum of 6% a year until 2017. Afterward they will increase by a minimum of 3% a year depending on inflation and growth in GDP.

6. Harper shut down Parliament Twice: Chretien and Trudeau did it too. The Liberals, NDP, and Bloc could have formed a coalition after the parliament restarted. However, polls at the time indicated that Harper would have received more than 50% of the popular vote if an election was held then. The Ignatief decided it was not a good idea.

7. Wants to replace the stable CPP with the untested PRPP: I have not heard of any legislation proposed to this. He has a majority so he could have done this if he wanted to.

8. Shut down Women's and Minority advocacy groups: How much funding do men's advocacy groups get?

10. Fraud: Liberals and NDP have been found guilty of offences too. As mentioned above, Liberal senator Raymond Lavigne has already served jail time for fraud. Liberal senator Harb claim a residence that was deem to uninhabital as his primary residence. He later sold the property but continued to claim it as his primary residence for several years after the sale.

12. Wasteful G20 spending, and a record number of arrests: It was the provincial and city police that made the arrests.

15. The Harper Conservatives want to buy 65 stealth fighter jets using $29 billion of tax payers' money: The plan to purchase F35s was initiated by the Liberals. The program was inherited by Harper.

19. Sabotaging efforts to deal with climate change: Carbon emissions have actually decreased by 5% under Harper; they had increased under the Liberals. I do admit the Harper has not done much to prevent climate change; but neither did the Liberals.

Edited by JohnBacon