Nip "G2G" - Feb 21

NAW

So there used to be a bit of an annual G2G on Nippising a few years back. In the last couple of years it has dwindled to just a few members getting together via PM and fishing hard for a full day. No BBQ... No derby... No TJ or Randy...

This year the core group is getting together again for a day on the ice together. It's not going to be anything big. But after a little chatting, we decided to open it up to the board.

So if anyone wants to join us for some fishing for a day on Nip. Than chime in! Let's get talking about it. Feb 21 date is set in stone right now. So if you happen to have that day free, then great, come join us!

There are some general requirements though:

1. Mobility. We are going to pick a spot to meet up at. But if the fish aren't biting, we're going to move. And we may bounce around from spot to spot. So you have to be mobile if you want stay with the group. In the past, we have moved around a lot. And driven trucks/jeeps all over the lake looking for fish.

2. We aren't doing a BBQ, so you need to bring your own chow.

3. You basically need to be self sufficent on the ice. We're all going there to fish, and we fish hard.

So if this sounds like your cup of tea, then let me know!

I will be driving up from Barrie in the early morning. Getting there before the sun comes up. Fishing all day until day, then driving back to Barrie.

That's not how the OFC G2G's were at all.... Especially the ice fishing G2G's.....

It was more about getting together and having a good time, overnight bungalows etc... With some fishing thrown in....

Good on you though hopefully you have a few make it....

To rigid for my liking.

G

Edited by Gerritt

That's what I was getting at. And thats why in the title i put G2G in qoutes. Its not a traditional G2G, and not for everyone. The nip G2G used to have a BBQ and a fun derby with some cool OFC prizes. Lots of fun. Lots of people hanging out in one spot.

Sorry for being blunt in my post. But this won't be that type of G2G. Just a bunch of people out to chase some fish. It won't be for everyone. But if your looking for some fun fish chasing.. Then come on up!

Edited by N.A.W

well

That's not how the OFC G2G's were at all.... Especially the ice fishing G2G's.....

It was more about getting together and having a good time, overnight bungalows etc... With some fishing thrown in....

Good on you though hopefully you have a few make it....

To rigid for my liking.

G

you forgot

strip bars

flashing

and

an atv that went missing

I missed the Hamilton GTG an hour from my place and it was in a warm restaurant, you north guys are too hard core for me. And no chicken wings or BBQ? I'd love to meet you guys but need food, lots of it. If FishFarmer says he will go, count me in, I'll bring a Hibachi and maybe a rod. As or driving around on the lake I got the word from my insurance agent, no legal road, no insurance. That includes off roading. I can't afford to loose my truck under water. You guys that drive around on a frozen lake are either brave or rich.

That's what I was getting at. And thats why in the title i put G2G in qoutes. Its not a traditional G2G, and not for everyone. The nip G2G used to have a BBQ and a fun derby with some cool OFC prizes. Lots of fun. Lots of people hanging out in one spot.

Sorry for being blunt in my post. But this won't be that type of G2G. Just a bunch of people out to chase some fish. It won't be for everyone. But if your looking for some fun fish chasing.. Then come on up!

No worries, I did not mean to offend. I just remember the G2G's of old..... Damn I miss them they were good times.

G

Hey Nick, I didn't know there was a g2g criteria for non-icefisherman that wouldn't show up anyway lol! It will be a good time. I remember seeing pictures of last year, let's hope for slightly better weather!

Old Iron - You'd have a much higher chance of wrecking your truck driving thru Hamilton every day than driving on 3 foot on ice lol

If weather permits and all things align I would love to get out on Nip this year. And assuming I can drive my vehicle on the ice, my bride assures me I have full insurance coverage while driving on a frozen lake.

Hopefully good to go.

ps. Would definitely be looking for over night on the Saturday. Any recommended lodges or cabins in the area?

Maybe I should change the name of this post to something else eh?

Nip One Day Hardcore Walleye Hunt...?

Or for Jeremy84, BURBOT FEST 2015!

Again, sorry for anyone Who reads this and is upset it's not a traditional G2G. They are far to much planning and organization. This is just a few OFC friends who get together once a year to catch up over a few holes in the ice, and chase some eyes. We decided to open it up to the board to bring a few more people out. It's really nothing more than that.

I commend you Nick for organizing an outing, it's not easy to get 4 guys together for a lunch let alone a group of folks for a day on the lake in the winter. I hope you guys get good weather and the pics co operate with you. I'm jealous that I can't even stand up over a hole without sitting down after 10 minutes. If I ever write that book it will be titled "Go Out of Bounds After Ten Yards". Too many knee operations and that cold just kills to the titanium now.

Have fun and email me a fillet or two will ya please.

Tried to PM you, box full?

Edited by Old Ironmaker

Hey Nick, I didn't know there was a g2g criteria for non-icefisherman that wouldn't show up anyway lol! It will be a good time. I remember seeing pictures of last year, let's hope for slightly better weather!

Old Iron - You'd have a much higher chance of wrecking your truck driving thru Hamilton every day than driving on 3 foot on ice lol

Hey Joey, That's why I only go to Hammerton unless I'm summoned by the " Don " ( my brothers and my father). And I never bring the truck. Those parking spots are getting smaller and smaller. I need to check as to why I'm not insured off road and how much it will cost, it would be interesting to find out. He actually told me many people that have sleds and ATV's would be surprised to find out they are not insured on the ice. I told him it might be a nice thing as their agent to let them know. He didn't respond. Jack butt pencil necked geek.

Hey Nick - Sounds like a good time! Run & Gun! Spread out a bit, when you get on fish, phone the others, you'll all be together then. I can't commit at this time. I'm in the oil fields out west in Fort McMurray. Off for Christmas break right now, but, could get the call to return to work at any time. Have fun. The GTG in 2012 was awesome!

Yup. Chad nailed it.

We will meet up somewhere in Callander Bay a short drive from the launch.

At the crack of dawn.

The rough plan will be to fish Callander Bay to start off. Then fan out from there and try to get on top of some fish.

As for the questions about lodging. I'm sure the North Bay guys can chime in with some suggestions? I'm not from the area.

We have about 10 guys coming so far. Some are tentative. I wonder what it would take to Randy from Sturgeon out there with his horse head again???

Maybe I should change the name of this post to something else eh?

Nip One Day Hardcore Walleye Hunt...?

Or for Jeremy84, BURBOT FEST 2015!

Again, sorry for anyone Who reads this and is upset it's not a traditional G2G. They are far to much planning and organization. This is just a few OFC friends who get together once a year to catch up over a few holes in the ice, and chase some eyes. We decided to open it up to the board to bring a few more people out. It's really nothing more than that.

I approve of this name change. BUUUUURRRRRRRRBOOOOOOT!!!! (This will be my war cry as I run out on the ice)

Will Blair be there? LOL I don't think it will be that hard core then. LMAO

AND YA,YOU WILL HAVE TO WORK HARD WITH THAT NEW SLOT SIZE. :Gonefishing:

Brian, You mean sitting in my hut in a t-shirt with a cold beer and the tunes going is not hard core? Maybe I should toughen up and drink my beers at room temperature.

So the plans are starting to come together.,

We are going to meet up around Blairs hut near the launch in CBay. Dark and early for those that can make it. First thing in the morning, we're going to run two or three truck loads of people out to some shoals close to Blairs hut. So we will have a little room for people that want to come, but aren't able to travel on the ice. Joey, Chad and myself have vehicles hopefully worthy of ice travel, depending on conditions.

We are going to run back to Blairs hut around 9ish. So if anyone can't make it up early, it's a second chance to join the crew.

We will fish Blairs hut area for a few hours. Hang out. Eat some food. Do the G2g thing.

Then we will run out to the main lake for the afternoon and try to get to some deep shoals, weather permitting. Target some different species. I think someone mentioned BURBOT, but I, not sure..

We will fish the main lake until dark, than run back to shore and drop off who ever needs to be dropped of, and head home.

If you want to come up and just hang out around Blairs hut. It's an easy walk from shore, and there's lots or parking on land, so you don't need a ice worthy vehicle. The group will be at Blairs hut from about 9 till noon for some relaxing time, out of the wind.

It sounds like a good day to me!