Video of a "sportsman" dragging a trophy Musky to his truck

Old Ironmaker

I'm going to start painting brown trout to look like muskie......

They sure would get more respect that way....

can you imagine gutting a muskie for its eggs only to find your such a redneck you took a male muskie that was heavily feeding....oh well, onto the next kill...hope the next one will be a female so I can steel the eggs.

likely this has been done in a "ditch" which of course makes it ok....then I take my prize gold and bring it with my fancy tackle to a "pristine" river so I can be "one" with nature.

"ditch pigs" at their finest.

Edited by Steve

I cant imagine a fish like that would taste too good.

On our pike trip this year a couple guys had to keep a monster that died boatside, we did the right thing and ate it but man was it terrible.

We tried frying it, bbq it, pan fry and even boiled a piece. Id rather eat my rubber boots frankly!

I also do not like to keep large or trophy size fish for the table as they are rare and have the genes to make future monsters?

But so long as its legal i cant say anything about someone who wants to...

As for the comparison to the idiot fish rapist who beat and left that fish in the river i just cant compare the two.

Id rather see it eaten then wasted.

Keeping a fish fishing is legal. I'm not sure this was legal after all the traffic violations though, nor would I really call it fishing lol.

I cant imagine a fish like that would taste too good.
On our pike trip this year a couple guys had to keep a monster that died boatside, we did the right thing and ate it but man was it terrible.
We tried frying it, bbq it, pan fry and even boiled a piece. Id rather eat my rubber boots frankly!

Funny lol, I keep a pike every once and a while and most people can't or can barely tell the difference when my dad and I clean them up with walleye. Maybe it was just the size that made it rubbery?

Funny lol, I keep a pike every once and a while and most people can't or can barely tell the difference when my dad and I clean them up with walleye. Maybe it was just the size that made it rubbery?

I really enjoy a good feed of fried pike.

and that is the trick

the government decides what is expectable and makes laws for the masses

I too disagree with many laws and regulations , and I will complain and carp about them but what I try not to do is put down or insult someone acting within the law, just because my opinion differs

and that is where I draw the line

I really enjoy a good feed of fried pike.

A group of us from this board have been doing a spring trip to Nippissing for a lot of years and it often includes a big pike fry. TJ does the cooking and it's by far some of the tastiest fish anyone will ever have.

A group of us from this board have been doing a spring trip to Nippissing for a lot of years and it often includes a big pike fry. TJ does the cooking and it's by far some of the tastiest fish anyone will ever have.

You've just made made hungry for a TJ fish fry Lew. Given the distance from here to TJ's I'm not happy!

Seen quite a few of the Nippising posts. Looks like you guys have a great time :D

Nothing wrong with a 5 pound pike. Pike makes a great Brodetto, Italian fish stew you can have on pasta too in a spicy white wine tomato sauce. Even the "Y" bone meat can be processed into fish cakes. The former father in law wouldn't even let a pike into the boat, called them snakes. During the weekly fish fry at the cottage we did up a pike and put in on his plate. He said "now that's what I'm talking about", " It's one of those snake fish Dad", he didn't believe us.

Nothing wrong with a 5 pound pike. Pike makes a great Brodetto, Italian fish stew you can have on pasta too in a spicy white wine tomato sauce. Even the "Y" bone meat can be processed into fish cakes. The former father in law wouldn't even let a pike into the boat, called them snakes. During the weekly fish fry at the cottage we did up a pike and put in on his plate. He said "now that's what I'm talking about", " It's one of those snake fish Dad", he didn't believe us.

I cant feed my family on a sporting license so if my kids dont fish with me when i go out and we have a fry planned best believe im keeping some pike.

thats funny you did that to your dad haha. I did the same to my kids that LOVE deer meat but hate moose meat. served them the moose and said at deer and they were asking for seconds even thirds lol

Edited by manitoubass2

It happens a lot in the fall. I believe the Thames river is a separate zone that LSC, and the minimum legal size is 36 inches. Doesnt do much to protect the fish. I really like the approach Michigan is taking. You want to keep one, then you have to buy a tag, and limit it to one a season. There is zero good reason to ever keep a Musky (outside of survival situations) same goes for killing a steelhead for its roe.

Edited by Bladeburner

It's too bad people aren't 'outraged' when loads of fat salmon are roped up and dragged along the bank by steelheaders looking for free roe... ;)

You think roe is free? lol. And when it comes to roe collection, all of mine is done stateside (Sans for 1 or 2 chinook out on Lake O if I can manage it).. Stocked fish, put and take fishery, I don't lose any sleep over it at all.

guys.. on the positive end. 95.4 of all muskies are released on lsc. the last population check. 180.000 fish. dnr mich survey. they make babies. . forage base is very strong. . negative side would be a permit to keep. we all know that's a governmental slippery slope.,pay for tags etc. moniter cost,s.we have over 3 million potential users of this fishery. yes we see this being exposed,but for food values amongst ethnic groups. well I like perch/walleyes. is there someone to tell me I cant enjoy a meal. while I personally don't agree on harvesting muskies I do value thefreedoms to eat a fish under my fishing licence rules.... I .... I have sat in a meeting with mnr biologist and he stated theres actually too many in lsc... the greatest concerns here are vhs... habitat pollution/sewage and such. I just wish we had more concerted efforts on the bigger prize,the afore mentioned.

There are many things "legal" that many disagree with. Because something is legal doesn't necessarily make it acceptable in my opinion.

You're right and I agree with you wholeheartedly on this one. many if not most lasting problems arise from people not challenging morals and whatever else. I think that's why posts like these are important, you may have opened a can of worms as you said lol, but I'd say it's been pretty respectful and has brought up some interesting thoughts from both sides.

Agreed Lew, the Pike tastes pretty much the same as the pickerel up there. Those fish fries are something I look forward to every year:)