My House

fisherman7

I keep telling my wife that we should decorate the neighbor's house across the street from us. That way we can sit in our front room and see our work; plus it would be the neighbor's hydro running all the lights.

Dan.

In my old neighbourhood, the fella across the street from us had an incredible light show and display. Lights flashing on and off, inflatable Santa and snowmen, etc. People would drive by and stop for photos on an annual basis.

Personally, I loved it, and I don't understand why these extreem Christmas decorations are a soar spot for some.

There is a kid from Caledonia, Mike Montgomery ( this is public knowledge, recent article in newspaper in fact) that had his parents home covered with thousands of lights complete with music that was available to you through the FM in your car. He started doing this as a teen in High School. It did cause some traffic problems in the residential neighborhood though. From that Mike and his pal lit up the Old Mill in Caledonia on the Grand River. It has become a tourist attraction for the town and bring in people from as far away as New York. This will be the last year as it only is funded by donations from those that drive by and give what money they can and the fate of the Mill is uncertain. You have to check it out in person, it is amazing, best I've ever seen. It is something to see. It is on YouTube, sorry PC problems here can't cut and paste. Check it out.

I love your place, as a kid it was my favorite thing to see at Christmas, lights on homes. I know kids love it. Has anyone been to south Florida during Christmas? They go nuts decorating and lighting their homes, including a foot of fake snow at one place I've seen.

The place looks great fisherman, always good to see folks getting right into the Christmas spirit like you do.

I got all the outdoor lights up over the last 2 days but if my Mrs. sees this post she may be adding to my work list :santa: