More nostalgia

Joey

Probably too long ago for 90% of the folks here.

Another acoustical you should search out is the Deliverence song "dueling banjos"

An original Flatt and Scruggs tune. Awesome IMO.

Love that too, but the movie brings back strange memories from when I first saw it, but thank you for posting that, I loved it :)

I still have the original album. There was some really unique and different stuff all thrown into the one album. last tune was called Sunflower.

He also liked to dabble in other artistic medium, not unlike Andy Warhol, having produced a book of poetry and a "different" photography portfolio. I had a signed copy of the poetry book, years back, sold for a pretty penny.

His daytime job was as a TV writer.

Edited by bigugli

Hi Bernie,

Loved the Theme From A Summer Place song.

Brings back memories from the past.

Kids today may think they are the chosen ones but we know better.

Sad to say for the kids of today that the music of what they know, and that rap is only missing the letter ''c'' that should go in front of it,

and listen to will be ''the good old days for them''.

Very sad for them because they missed the best--50's and 60's.

Actually, when dad passed away, I got a booklet of about 12 vinal albums of Stan Kenton and his orchestra. I'm gonna hang on to them for awhile , but there are at least 30 of them. As in 12 albums of vinal discs.

Edited by Joey

There are at least 15 vinyl albums in each folder, all in A1 condtition. Kinda cool :) If you're into Stan Kenton that is :)

15229094743_9992556cc5_b.jpgIMG_0192 by Joeyfishing, on Flickr

Are those 78s? I think that is where the term 'album' (for music recordings) orginated. Then when LPs became popular, what used to require an album could be recorded on one disc.

Instrumental music was big in the 60's. Something far too complex for today's youth apparently???

A Canadian great was "Walk Don't Run" by the Ventures. They would also record the hawaii 50 theme.

Anybody remember Paul Marat's "Love Is Blue"

How about "Telstar"

Must not forget Duane Eddy.

bigugli - now you really got me thinking! LOL!

Paul Mariat, Bobby Vinton? I do remember the Hawaii 50 theme and many more! I was in the disc jockey business in Niagara for over 30 years. We used to own Party Sounds Disc Jockey Service. Club Capri was a regular venue for me.

Are those 78s? I think that is where the term 'album' (for music recordings) orginated. Then when LPs became popular, what used to require an album could be recorded on one disc.

Not sure what you mean by 78s? I think they are 10 inch if that's what you mean?

Not sure what you mean by 78s?

The records turned at 78 RPM's on the turntable Joey

The smaller ones turned at 45 RPM's

I can just imagine all the young guys on this board wondering what the heck records are :lol:

Instrumental music was big in the 60's. Something far too complex for today's youth apparently???

A Canadian great was "Walk Don't Run" by the Ventures. They would also record the hawaii 50 theme.

Anybody remember Paul Marat's "Love Is Blue"

How about "Telstar"

Must not forget Duane Eddy.

Bruce,my folks loved Duane Eddy. So much so my brother's first and middle names are Duane Edward. I don't remember any of the music but I do remember seeing Duane Eddy, Ventures & Telstar album covers. Wonder if they still have any of the old vinyl kicking around?