Wicked Tuna

Joey

I've watched the show. I'd like to know the "reality" behind the filming of these shows like Wicked Tuna, Mountain Men etc.

A guy I was fishing with a couple of weeks ago was the camera boat for one of Henry W's shows a couple of years ago. The fishing was tough so the camera boat was fishing too. When the camera boat hooked up they drove over to Henry's boat and handed him the rod then they started filmed him reeling in the fish.

I actually enjoy wicked Tuna. I have this season on the PVR and im 2 weeks behind.Its true I do get anxiety watching sometimes.. My wife cant stand catch a contractor for that reason..Im a contractor (that takes pride in my work) and some of these hillbilly hacks they find crack me up, the wife on the other hand cant sit thru the show..It winds her right up...lol

I watch it, hard merch always seems like he's behind or playing the underdog card, that's just the shadow that is cast on him for some reason, I actually like Tyler and Paul together, they seem to work well together and Tyler is pretty impressive and his ambition is second to no one IMO

Edited by Lucas F

I've watched the show. I'd like to know the "reality" behind the filming of these shows like Wicked Tuna, Mountain Men etc.

A guy I was fishing with a couple of weeks ago was the camera boat for one of Henry W's shows a couple of years ago. The fishing was tough so the camera boat was fishing too. When the camera boat hooked up they drove over to Henry's boat and handed him the rod then they started filmed him reeling in the fish.

Henry is still up to his old tricks eh...

This is my team and if it were not for Paul,I wouldnt be watching it. This guy is stupid crazy. Reminds me of Jerry Lewis.

I really get a kick out of his laugh..His new partner this year on the other hand.Pinhead trust fund punk...Sigh he drives me nuts..lol .

That's what I call entertainment, watching guys go to work, fun wow. Ice Road Truckers is my educated and rather cerebral wife's favorite guilty pleasure. I have tried to watch it and have to leave the room it's so badly scripted. Then I find I have to come back to see what happened for the same cliff hanger before each and every commercial, did the 52 foot rig go through the ice and drown the trucker in a cold watery icy grave? They never go through the ice and no one ever dies on reality TV but we wait for something that never happens on TV. Trucking on those roads is a dangerous profession at 27 cents a kilometer to boot.

Wicked Tuna is my guilty pleasure, I started watching it this summer and I haven't missed a North vs. South. Nice fat in the vein, good marble, great core you should get maybe,,,,,,, wait,,,,,,,,wait,,,,,,, $18.00 a pound. It's the same show each and every episode and I love it, the Dr's don't know why. The sad thing is these guys are risking their lives, that's not scripted and that's real, and that Tuna is going for $1000.00 a pound or more in Tokyo, that's not fair. Someone is making huge money and it's not the fisherman. Another good one is the fishing guys in Newfoundland, it's Cold Water Cowboys, they are speaking English in Canada and we need English subtitles to know what they are saying. that's funny. Ontario and NFLB, two distinct cultures separated by a common language.

Fun show....just wish they would watch their editing and maybe take it more seriously. (i guess they don't have to however).

in the middle of a single fight of a single fish I saw the reel change four times and the weather conditions change three times.

stuff like that bugs me.

Fun show....just wish they would watch their editing and maybe take it more seriously. (i guess they don't have to however).

in the middle of a single fight of a single fish I saw the reel change four times and the weather conditions change three times.

stuff like that bugs me.

Yup.

there is an east coast fishing board where hard merchandise posts on.

apparently there is quite a bit of use of cinder blocks tied to rods and chucked overboard so they can get all the right angles of a rod doubling over....

typical realty tv show.

but still better than much of what is on tv these days.

been watching "Rome" lately....now that is a good show!!